The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Commish

I've always wondered why commissioner Halpern specifically ask for Columbo at the outset of the investigation? He's already called the police to report what was going on across the street. Why involve Columbo that early on. That immediately sets some suspicion up. If he didn't do that it would have been an entirely different investigation of course this is just my opinion

Re: The Commish

Columbo hinted at that, too, following the murder of Halperin's wife. When Halperin is mentioning the "feeling" he had, Columbo says, "You must get a lot of those." Eventually, Columbo says, "I was just wondering why you asked for me when this guy had never killed anyone before." It doesn't make sense for Halperin to ask for him. For one reason, even though he says he had a "gut feeling something was wrong. The lights were on for one thing... blah, blah, blah." The second reason - to me - WHY would you ask for Columbo to look into a case you're involved in??? Halperin even addresses that at his office when he says, "Columbo, nobody can be right ALL the time." Even Halperin knows how Columbo always gets his killer. Why tempt that kind of fate?

The partners held daily scrum meetings to address issues and report metrics. brand design company

They incorporated feedback rapidly and demonstrated a high level of professionalism. mobile app agency