The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Uneasy Lies the Crown

I like this one. Nice plot, nice atmosphere, one of the better from newer series
- can you explain me what the title of this episode mean?
- now I realised that a lot of newer episodes begin with the shot that we see Los Angeles streets from above and see cars driving on them
- I lke music score here
- when they make a car fall down to the precipice they had a good eye! the car fits EXACTLY in the narrow space between the trees :)
- some guy gives Columbo matches and says "compliments of Adam Evans, found them in his shirt pocket". Were they supposed to touch anything on the body? or take away the content of the pocket?
- maybe I'm really stupid but I always wonder about this medical report. Columbo says "he had a drink before he died." the guy answers "that's not all he had". And Columbo asks "does that mean what I think it means?". What could have been writen on this report that would indicate that the victim was making love with Lydia?? it bothers me everytime!
- what is this all about with this blue stains on his kandkerchief and shirt?
- Corman's father in law says that he is rather a poor dentist. So how come he has so many celebities as clients?
- this movie stars gathering at playing cards, strange scene
- the matches thing... Ok, Columbo says they were in the shirt pocket, that he probably changed shirt everyday. But what doest it proove? he could have just took the mathes the day he died. Columbo already knew and it wasn't a secret that he died in the pool house. So what do this matches proove?
- and again the same: he says that car's gear was on the neutral... but they already told Columbo that they GOT RID OF THE BODY. So what does it proove again??
- Columbo calls the bartender and says "Hey, Red!", and then he comes and says "believe me or not but I used to have a red hair". What is it? some word game? why Columbo called him "Red"?
- this time I recognized for the first time that the waiter is John Finnegan!
- the ending is the weaker part for me... If only Wesley said: ok, let's check the colour, then Columbo would be totally fooled
- I like the character of Dr Johnson, he should have starred in more Columbos (I think he was maybe at three episodes)

Re: Uneasy Lies the Crown

Wesley Corman is a 100% creep. Not only does he murder Adam Evans, but he throws the suspicions on his sickly wife. What an a-hole. He also ran a big time gambling debts that his father-in-law had to pay. And yet halfway through the episode where is he? At the race track again betting on the horses. His practice, as it may be, was definitely suffering because he was barely ever in the office. The word jerk is too nice for this guy.

This was one of the worst criminals of the whole series in my opinion.

Re: Uneasy Lies the Crown

can you explain me what the title of this episode mean?
Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown is a line from Shakespeare often translated as Heavy Lies the Crown. Thus Uneasy Lies the crown is a play on words on this, crown being the tooth, and "uneasy" being the alibi.

What could have been writen on this report that would indicate that the victim was making love with Lydia??
Without getting too graphic, could be there were certain fluids, both male and female, on his body, ahem [Columbo red-faced].

what is this all about with this blue stains on his kandkerchief and shirt?
Sometimes when laundry detergent doesn't properly dissolve, it can cause these stains