The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Murder In Malibu

One of the worst episodes ever for me. I have to say it has a potential. Could have been much better but it has many flaws for me..
- I can't stand this Wayne Jennings guy. And I don't even know if his actinkg is SO good tha his character is so annoying? or he is just poor actor. But I can't stand watching him, his acting and behaviour in this episode
- the house is the same which was used in Last Salute to The Commodore
- now I see that the actress who played Theresa died just 3 years after this episode was made
- one of the biggest flaw: how couldn't he recognized that it was Jess, not Theresa calling??
- why the police officer tells Columbo "I don't know why the bothered you, it's pretty routine". It was a homicide afetr all, so why is it so strange that Columbo is there?
- "there is no law against shooting a dead body". Is it like that? In this phase of episode it seems that Wayne shot her but didn't know he shot a dead body. But the fact is fact - he wanted to shot her and he did it. Was it really according to the law?
- the Jess McCurdy's maid (Rosa) makes this episode a little better :)
- Jess has left the shop without paying for dress!

Re: Murder In Malibu

Awful episode. Andrew Stevens is absolutely a terrible actor. Wooden poles have more emotive range than he does. His presence alone makes this episode mostly unbearable. I've skipped it for several years now when it comes up in the rotation.