The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A Trace of Murder - 25th Anniversary

I actually like this episode, but I agree that the forensics cop, Patrick, is annoying and the actor who plays him is wooden.

Usually the clues in a Columbo episode are somewhat subtle: changing the desk clock, scuff marks on a newly waxed floor, toenails in a toilet bowl, etc. lol. In this episode we have the director practically freeze time when Patrick passes the milk to Mrs. Calvert. Then we have an entire reenactment as Columbo explains what happened later in the diner. It seems like they had a hard time filling up two hours with this episode.

There is a scene where Columbo and Patrick are interviewing Mr. and Mrs. Calvert with their lawyer and, upon leaving, Patrick says: “Have a great day”. Mrs. Calvert snootily replies: “I don’t see what’s so great about it”.

Patrick then shoots her a glance which I don’t quite understand. Was he trying to tell her not to overdo it? It was a strange scene. I wonder if anyone else has a theory of what this scene was about.

Re: A Trace of Murder - 25th Anniversary

Focus on your own ad duplicate and focus on the best keywords. Lastly, enhance the website landing page experience. top creative agency