The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Prof. Rusk and Justin Talk

Good question. I always imagined that he was giving Justin’s father a chance to plead his case, while at the same time being able to explain his own side and maybe add more depth to explaining Justin’s failed efforts in class. I also think there was a possibility that Justin’s father would have succeeded in convincing him to give them another chance now that he had somewhat cooled off from his initial anger.

Irene DiMilo
Good question. I always imagined that he was giving Justin’s father a chance to plead his case, while at the same time being able to explain his own side and maybe add more depth to explaining Justin’s failed efforts in class. I also think there was a possibility that Justin’s father would have succeeded in convincing him to give them another chance now that he had somewhat cooled off from his initial anger.
Irene that all may be true however how would you like to be Justin and have to face his father after it was all over with? I'm sure that he would have stomped his guts out.

In any case, the motive for this killing was always a bit of a stretch to me. Otherwise, and despite that, it's a great episode. I wanted to provide a link to an excellent analysis of this particular episode, but unfortunately the website is down, hopefully not indefinitely.