The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Columbo Prop Department Getting Lazy???

I'm usually terrible at this, but the notorious thermos from Swan Song shows up in Publish Or Perish.

I'll have to remember to look for that one.

The sculpture of the archer which is behind Brimmer at the begining of episode when he speaks with Leonore, can be seen also in comissioner Halperin's office in Friend in Deed also behind him

Matti, I have been obsessed with Columbo for decades. Most of us on this forum are. But for you to notice the tie and so many other things, you are on a whole new level my friend. You get my vote for World's Biggest Columbo Fan. If you win you get a free trip to Budapest to take you picture with the statue, lol.

https://i0.wp.com/digitalcosmonaut.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/peter-falk-columbo-statue-mikas-falk-utca-budapest-hungary.jpg?w=1860&ssl=1

Pete, I'm very flattered to hear that :D thank you

I got the Blu-Ray set for Christmas. I'm still ticked off over what happened to the commentaries but I'm willing to get a picture upgrade at least for free. At any rate, there is a lot of detail you can see in the new transfers that may not have been evident before. And the reason for my resurrecting this thread is because I am watching "Dead Weight" and if you look carefully at the scene where Hollister is showing all the different guns in the crate, you'll notice that the bookshelf behind him contains nothing but.....the Mrs. Melville mysteries from "Murder By The Book" that were in Ken Franklin and Jim Ferris's office. I can't believe the General read them because he would have surely come away knowing that it's not a good idea to shoot someone in front of an open window! :)

Good catch on the tie, thermos, and set re-use above!

The only one I've noticed, and got published on the IMDB Trivia site, is that:

The lab in "Lovely but Lethal", with the unique observation windows overhead, is the same room as the Operating Room in "A Stitch in Crime", where the observation deck is used.