The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: running down hill

The question isn't whether it was a stunt double, but whether it was in the script or an accident they left in.

Hi. This is Paul...the Paul who usually posts here. Of course it isn't a case of someone stealing my identity, as happened with Cassa recently..Paul is a more common name than Cassavettes45! There was another here too who became Pigfish. Anyway, I just wanted to point out that the Paul who started this post wasn't me. Interesting to hear that the fall down the hill was orginally a mistake...I didn't know that!

Oh...I thought that was you who started this thread...even though it didn't quite "sound" like you..........thank heavens I didn't say something stupid!!!!!
I also thought it was strange, because I think you would know which episode the falling down the hill thingy was from.
And I'm not so sure it was a mistake.....it could have been....but I don't know.

It is quite strange how people have a certain "sound" even on a messenger board, and you can usually tell who someone is. I bet if we all posted under completely different names, or just numbers, we could guess who most people are (what their usual forum name is). And thanks Cassa for saying I would know which episode that scene was from. And for once, I actually did know !

You are quite welcome Paul!! You have grown up to be a big boy...and quite the Columbo Fan!!

And that is a cool idea....I wonder if anyone wants to try it.....now would that mean I would have to stop typing all these dots!!! (elipses)

With all the strange things going on here lately, maybe we shouldn't try it just yet

Good Point!!!

Re: Re: running down hill

That was always one of my favorite Columbo scenes because it seemed like something the real Columbo would do. I was exceptionally PO'd when Bravo cut that scene out of a rerun of that episode. To me that scene spoke volumes about Columbo the person.

Re: Re: Re: running down hill

I think you've made an excellent point! Which really brings up a related topic--are there any other scenes from other episodes that appear to be "accidental" but were left in because they seemed true to the plot or character?

Re: Re: Re: running down hill

The way this was filmed introduces the opportunity to use a stunt double. There are 2 breaks. 1. Peter 2. Double 3. Peter

You can view the scene on youtube and see what I mean.