The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Universal shot down my Columbo short story book

Frank (Douglas) - this was WONDERFUL! Really enjoyed the read. Snappy dialogue, intriguing plot - I could picture Peter Falk walking around the scenes delivering the telling blows to the criminal's story. This would have been a great episode (if directed properly). Definitely has the 70's feel in terms of the title and the characterization, but a modern 90's-2000's feel to it with the use of modern technology (phone apps), something for which Columbo was known. Makes me long for a new Columbo episode. I'm still hopeful for this happening one day.

Cheers!

Re: Universal shot down my Columbo short story book

Hi. Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to read it. I'm so happy you liked it, and I truly appreciate your kind words. I have about 10 other stories that I wanted to write, in that book of short stories I wanted to publish. Maybe someone, someday will read my current one and have some pull at Universal and get them to change their minds. I would think keeping Columbo in the public eye could only benefit them. Unless they are planning something we don't know ... ;-)