The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: a few questions about episodes

ok.....

maybe movie of the week?....who knows?!

The site has a whole article about "Enough Rope: The Very First Columbo", which was broadcast live in 1960. The article is linked from the home page, and it's in the Scrapbook.

Hint: Peter Falk was not in it, and neither was Thomas Mitchell.

I doubt very much that it has been released on tape or DVD. The only place I know of where it can be viewed, is at the Television & Radio museum, which has branches in New York City and in Los Angeles. If you get the chance to go see it, it's a real hoot for fans. Meanwhile, enjoy the article.

Re: Re: a few questions about episodes

Thanks for the replies everyone. Ted, I did indeed mean the 1960 Columbo from the 'Chevy Mystery Theatre' tv series, I have read the article on this site about it. It would be great if it was released on dvd - for the fans, and the people who own it would make plenty of cash, a win/win situation.

So, have all the 90s Columbos been seen on regular tv?

Clarification: When I said "the site" has an article about the 1960 Columbo, I meant this site here -- not Peterfalk.com.

And yes, in the context that's being discussed, MOW does mean "movie of the week". But I wouldn't read much into the report of a new Columbo being "in development" -- that's a pretty all-purpose phrase.

"Enough Rope" would have made a fantastic Bonus Feature on the DVD set of "Columbo - The Complete First Season". And even on a later DVD set, it would be a treat for fans.

But, who knows what kind of copyright issues exist with stuff like that, where everybody involved in owning it has passed through several subdivided corporations or widowhoods, etc. That alone may be one reason it can only be seen in a museum. The museum is very sensitive about people trying to take photographs or record video off their viewing screens, and they have signs saying they'll confiscate your camera if you're caught (although you may notice -- ahem -- that there is a digital photo from the show at the head of our article).

I think the only episodes not screened on non digital tv in the uk (chn's 1-5) are MWTMN (i could be wrong here, maybe it was shown back in the early 2000's) and CLTN which ITV2 are going to be showing on friday. Its digital tv but more people have access to this than sky movies plus it deserves a mention.

God bless,

Matthew

Hello Mat, you mean the 2003 Columbo on itv 3 (not itv 2) on Friday? Has everyone on this site seen the 2003? I havn't but I have ordered a digital box which is due to arrive Wednesday so if it does I will get to see it.

Sorry. I was going from memory and therefore was wrong. My memory is awful lol.

God bless,

Matthew

The International Date Format would write today as 2005-08-09. This is a format used increasingly on forms, (just today I had to fill in a form and the form requested this format.) People are campaigning to make it standard, which in this world of internet and international travel would certainly make life easy. I mean, if your US visa expires on 09/08/05 then do you have to leave today or do you still have another month??!!

Paul....heel nipper here!!! Didn't you want to post this on the Murder With Too Many Notes thread????? Just asking.

Yes...Thanks Cassa...Thanks for nipping. I just read the other thread, and was thinking, "hey, where did my post go" and then thought I would check the other threads as, being in a bit of a rush at the time, I probably posted on another thread...and sure enough, here it is. No idea how it happened though!

Well...you did a wonderful "heel nipper" on me on that thread about Columbo appearing before the murder.....so all's fair in love and war!!!