The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How many times does Columbo appear before the murder takes place...

Also in "Make me a Pefert Murder and The Greenhouse Jungle.

Re: Re: How many times does Columbo appear before the murder takes place...

Columbo Cries Wolf too.

Actually, in "A Case of Immunity" Columbo does not appear before the murder of Yosef Alafa takes place. He appears before it is publicly known that Alafa has been murdered.

Make Me a Perfect Murder? Really?

I don't remember that.

Hey laura!

I think it was Rex that mentioned Make Me A Perfect Murder...but I think he was referring to Columbo's car being seen before the murder takes place...not Columbo himself. You can see it in the reflection of the window of Kay's office building........There is a picture of it in the Goofs section on this web site.

Isn't it Make Me a Perfect Murder where the episode begins with Columbo driving his car, singing, playing around with something on the dash, and gets into an accident. He gets whiplash and goes to see the doctor about his neck, and therefore is wearing a collar for the start of the episode? This is how the episodes opens if my memory serves me right (which, admittedly, it often doesn't!)

Oh you little heel nipper you!!!! You are right!!! After reading your post, Paul, I looked it up in the Columbo Phile and there it was...it said that "...for the third time Columbo makes a surprise appearance during the initial credits. .....singing....Swing Low Sweet Chariot, Yankee Doodle, My Darling Clementine....."
You are good, Boy!!!

oh, that's right! how could i forget Columbo singing?!!!

thanks!

Re: Re: How many times does Columbo appear before the murder takes place...

Didnt he appear before the murder in the one with the Chess Game? (I always get the title confused with the football/block of ice episode)

Greenleaf, you are right...the chess one...The Most Dangerous Match...Columbo really does appear before the murder. Clayton has already pushed Dudek in the trash compactor....but he doesn't die...so Columbo does appear before the actual murder.
And the football/ice block one is The Most Crucial Game....very similar titles.