The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: relate to others

Is it in Publish or Perish where Columbo mentions to Jack Cassidy that he could write a book about a case he's worked on and makes reference to Candidate for Crime?

There is also a possible reference to The Conspirators in Columbo goes to College. Columbo takes a question from a student about 'the Devlin case'. However, as I think has been discussed on this forum, that's a false lead - but I can't remember the reason why. Is it because the student talks about the involvement of the FBI. As we know Columbo had the case all wrapped up without the need for any of J Edgar's boys.

www.20six.co.uk/jiltedbarfly

Yes, you are right, in A Matter of Honor, the bullfighting episode, Columbo finds he is quite a star with the Mexican police due to haveing solved the case in Troubled Waters, when an arrest was made before the ship arrived in Mexico.

Re: Re: relate to others

I saw Columbo goes to College yesterday and he talked about a tooth-print on a chewing gum what he searched in a basket to compare with a tooth-print on a piece of cheese in a former crime...

there was an epsidode with the cheese but I don't remember the chewing gum thing...

Re: Re: Re: relate to others

The cheese bite mark is a reference to one of the Patrick McGoohan episodes - Ashes to Ashes I think (I'd check in the episode guide - but that seems like cheating.)

www.20six.co.uk/jiltedbarfly

Re: Re: Re: Re: relate to others

Patrick McGoohan is good but I think it was 'Agenda for Murder'...

It was Agenda for murder for clarification purposes.

I always thought that due to the mention of columbo sloving the murder on board in troubled waters that A matter of honour was the very next episode (columbo gets off boat and word has spread) and therefore was suprised to find a while back that they are from different seasons.

God bless,

Mat

And the first time he ever refers to a previous case is in Double Exposure...he comes in and says he was working late on that Hayward case....referring to Candidate for Crime.