Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: For Attn Hugh Landels (re Joe Crozier)

Thanks, KOF!
I see he let in 17 goals in his three appearances, but at least the statistics improved as his 'international career' progressed!

FAO Jim, sorry I haven't replied to you but you have to realise that I am 87 at least ten years older than you and these new fangled computer machines are a bit of a mystery to me.

For Heaven's sake don't post anything that will encourage Hugh to comment here.

It's bad enough having to listen to his slaverings at the games!

Oh, for goodness sake! PLEASE don't post anything on here that will tempt that havering erse Clarkie to reply. Bad enough having to put up with him on Saturday afternoons!

Does anyone know what age he is ?

Which one? Hugh, Eugene or Jim?

I know for a fact that he served in the navy during the war, so he would have been at least 16 in, say, 1917. That would make him roughly 109 now. As for Hugh, he could well be even older!

Jim C is around 62 as I was at his 60th birthday a couple of years ago.

I meant Hugh (it was a rhetorical question))but was a bit confused as they are all so alike.

I can remember Jim at school with me wearing his Bay City Rollers gear. I'm no a pensioner yet so you must be confusing him with the other Jim Corstorphine.

Back on topic again, a certain Harley (Liverpool) made two appearances at right back for Scotland in Wartime Internationals against England in 1945.

Jim/ Hugh

I have also found a picture of Joe Crozier in action for Scotland in front of 133,000 at Hampden.