Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Sack Atchison Thread

HE HAS GONE !!!!!!!

Urban Zombie
Surely to fuck this guys had long enough?!

I certainly wont be attending any more games until we have someone new in place. More than had enough.

An absolute farce.

How did they play today UZ?

Gladstone Fifer
Urban Zombie
Surely to fuck this guys had long enough?!

I certainly wont be attending any more games until we have someone new in place. More than had enough.

An absolute farce.[/quot

Greig McDonald.

Agreed. Give big Greig McDonald a chance, knows the club inside out and always played for the shirt! We should start a thread so the board takes notice !

Our next game is 7th Dec, its a good chance to get someone else in. Chances are itl get handed to Gary and I cant see that improving much.

Gladstone Fifer
Xxx
Take note board , Morton sack manager.

Would take Allan Moore in a jiffy!!

That could work, he would just about fit in one.

Has to go Disgraceful that he is still manager...after all he is just a glorified Edinburgh cabby... Said after Stranraer away we should of sacked him... And by the looks of things we should have ... The form with the squad we have is unacceptable!

I. Wonder
Maybe if the calls to dismiss the manager were not of an insulting nature, then maybe, just maybe the board would seriously consider doing the needful. What they won't want to be seen to be doing is to be seen to be listening to people who have, one after another on this site, insulted the manager. "Just a taxi driver", so you do not respect the man who organises your bus's every other week then?

You must be out of your mind (or not very old) if you think the board of directors will keep a failed manager just to spite a couple of people on the internet who have - correctly - described Aitchison as a taxi driver. And the reason he is a taxi driver? Because he has to earn a living, and no-one offered him a living in football. Until the age of 52, when East Fife came along.

martin black
Whether or not willie is the man to go forward with this club will i am sure be addressed. What really goads me about this site is that faceless gutless wonders can insult the taxi profession ( a sponsor of the club by the way) can call for an investor to be ousted, call for a person to be sacked and do it all anonymously . Even the site owner can't bring himself to use his own name. Next to Derrick brown this site is the most damaging thing that east fife fc had and has to deal with.

You have to give this site credit for the positive impact it has as well.

Fans come here as first for news on the club. The takeover was first broadcast here (in November last year), and it's here that I learned of WA's departure.

This site was key to organizing the protests that removed Derrick Brown.

And the site was instrumental in the reaction to Billy Brown's criticism of East Fife fans.

There is a lot of nonsense on here too. Some humorous and some embarrassing.

Overall, I think AFTN is a good thing...... and I suggest so to most of its readers else why would they come here.

martin black
Whether or not willie is the man to go forward with this club will i am sure be addressed. What really goads me about this site is that faceless gutless wonders can insult the taxi profession ( a sponsor of the club by the way) can call for an investor to be ousted, call for a person to be sacked and do it all anonymously . Even the site owner can't bring himself to use his own name. Next to Derrick brown this site is the most damaging thing that east fife fc had and has to deal with.

I was going to deal with your points individually till I got to the last one and realised you have no credibility anyway.

This site musters enormous interest in the Club and has done for decades. It's the main 'meeting' place for people with an interest in the Club whether you like it or not. The site, and the people involved in it, have done a huge amount of (unpaid) work for East Fife over the years in many different ways. We have allowed the Club to use the site and this forum as a way of communicating and publicising, something the Club has been happy to do by the way.

I won't go on.

I often don't agree with particular things people post - in fact sometimes I despair at them - but I respect their right to their viewpoint. Overall, I'm proud to have an involvement with the site and thank the people who do way more than I do to make it available.