Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: transfers

Bayviewboy
Greig Spence released by Alloa would be a good signing for us as would Nathan Blockley of Airdrie. Hope there is news soon of some new players soon. Getting Jules to re-sign would be the best piece of business tho !

Spence rumoured to be going to Dunfermline

effc
From the official website

"We can confirm that Kevin Smith, Fraser Mullen, Jonathan Page & Allan Walker have all agreed to remain at Bayview for season 2015/2016 along with Nathan Austin, Lewis Barr, Ross Brown, Steven Campbell, Alan Cook, Allan Fleming and Jon McShane.

We also welcome goalkeeper Ryan Goodfellow to the fold."

Really, really hope we can add Julen's name to that list but doubt it.

Not bad, there's a team there already.

I've mentioned the last 2 Seasons that we should try and get Craig Gunn,i also think David Mackenna would be a good addition,whats your views on these 2 guys..

Joshua watt
Jamie McCluskey
Ross Caldwell
Craig Slutherland
Nathan Blockley
Gregor Fotheringham
Jim Paterson
Stuart Urqhart
Alex Whittle
Gordon Smith
Evan the boy Lavery from berwick would be decent.

Those players are without a club in the league above. Most of all Watt stood out in both play-off games last season against us a player I want to see at the club or the club to offer a contract to but these players are ideal for the forthcoming squad if I was Gary and sadly we hearing were going for Banjo and Sweeney must be mental if we don't want watt here.

The playing budget is much reduced.

Worth keeping that in mind before expressing disappointment in the players Gary may be looking at.

Stevenson cut the budget to £60K when Jim Moffat was manager. If that is the resources we have to play with Gary will have a hard job just to keep us off the bottom.

Julen Etxabeguren signs a 3 year deal with Dundee - clicky.

Julen is away to dundee. Three year deal

Its_Been_A_While
The playing budget is much reduced.

Worth keeping that in mind before expressing disappointment in the players Gary may be looking at.

Stevenson cut the budget to £60K when Jim Moffat was manager. If that is the resources we have to play with Gary will have a hard job just to keep us off the bottom.

It what you do with those resources that counts. We had one of the largest budgets last season I believe and a fat lot of good it did us. Anyway didn't Jim Moffat get us promoted?

Brilliant headline, mind.

Has lewis barr left the club? this was posted on his twitter account saying: Just like to wish everyone at @EastFifeFC all the best. Feel lucky to have played for such a great club and Will cherish the memories 👍❤️

Looks like it, gutted about that!

Cr
Looks like it, gutted about that!

Yeah and our squad seems to be getting smaller by the weeks with players been kept on then leaving. Brings me no surprised he looked certain to leave out of managers choice last season as walker was ahead of him even when walker was poor, barr wanted first team starts and probably it's the reason behind that. We certainly need signings and no more exits from the club. Am also surprised mcshane is kept maybe we will see a different player who knows I thought he was homesick was the reason he signed for stranrear in the first place.

Barr goes and Walker stays. You couldn't make it up! Onwards and upwards eh?

Apparently we've signed Kevin Kelbie from Linthgow Rose!!!

I see East Fife are being linked with Dougie Hill in the Courier today - I know you've signed endless duds from Rovers in recent years, but this one will buck the trend. Strong commanding centre half who's discipline has improved greatly. Myself and most other Rovers fans were a bit sorry we didn't re-sign him. There's no danger of him going to another full-time club as he has a well paid job, but I thought someone like Alloa or Dumbarton would snap him up. Great bit of business for you lot if you get him.

Dysart Lino
I see East Fife are being linked with Dougie Hill in the Courier today - I know you've signed endless duds from Rovers in recent years, but this one will buck the trend. Strong commanding centre half who's discipline has improved greatly. Myself and most other Rovers fans were a bit sorry we didn't re-sign him. There's no danger of him going to another full-time club as he has a well paid job, but I thought someone like Alloa or Dumbarton would snap him up. Great bit of business for you lot if you get him.

does he live in Fife?

I'm sure he lives in Edinburgh or Midlothian.
He works as a plumber / heating engineer and drives a rather tasty motor.
The late Turnbull Hutton saw his car and remarked 'We must be paying you far too much money' to which Dougie replied 'Naw, it's just I'm a better plumber than I am a fitba player'.

Dysart Lino
I'm sure he lives in Edinburgh or Midlothian.
He works as a plumber / heating engineer and drives a rather tasty motor.
The late Turnbull Hutton saw his car and remarked 'We must be paying you far too much money' to which Dougie replied 'Naw, it's just I'm a better plumber than I am a fitba player'.

Would love to sign him just think better teams wil be interested.

Dysart Lino
I see East Fife are being linked with Dougie Hill in the Courier today

Big step down I am surprised forfar or that aren't in the shout for him he would do a job here and love to see him join than the ones were rumour about sweeney just can't see us signing anyone than what we seen in the last few days with players released that have been signed do we have the money to bring in this sort of player in?
Any news on that horrible looking home top we are getting or guess it be late July/august time again as Clyde & Stirling have released theirs nice and early to it be placed in the club shop, guess we are waiting on sponsors and looks like the same away top wored 2 years running quite like the dumbarton Joma top someone posted on the kit topic. Early days though

Clyde in pole position to sign Darren lavery would of liked him at bayview, any one heard of any players we're looking at??