Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Naysmith interviewed for Raith job

I'm shocked he hasn't been linked with the brechin or Cowden job at how this topic keeps getting many posts daily. As gary said months back we were lucky to have Julen here so probably won't be here next season fair play to the guy we gave him a chance it paid off now full-time clubs are wanting to sign him on the plus note Page has signed and we got get on re-building the squad signed on from last season.

Jimbob
I'll be disappointed if Naysmith has put himself forward for the Cowdenbeath job. Yes I can understand why he would like a full time manager's position with Raith in the Championship. That would clearly be a step up, however Cowdenbeath would be a step down in my opinion. They may be a league higher but in terms of facilities and fanbase then they are behind us.

In all honesty there's more chance of success with Cowden although relegated there actually not a bad side!if they can keep a good few of the guys from the season there,they will end up in play off spots at the very least!!

Frantic Rover
raithman
We are not wanting your cast offs thankyou very much. If this is the best our board of directors can come up with then not only the manager but them en masse will get it tight I make this promise. You can keep him or sack him he will not be welcome in Kirkcaldy.

Spot on!

Reading the views of the East Fife fans only confirms my fears!

If Naysmith ends up at Rovers I hope he is hounded out at the earliest opportunity.

Strong rumours abound that the Rovers board pulled the plug on the Naysmith deal after offering him the position! They had second thoughts due to the negative reaction of the fans apparently. Nae luck Naysmith!

Dearie me
Fifer
I wonder what forums like these would have made of Davie Clarke if they had been around between 1978 and 1982?
Gary Naysmith is another young, enthusiastic, articulate and intelligent manager learning his trade.

More black and gold blinkered views from Fifer.

Which part of that view did you disagree with?