Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Gary Clarke

Kathy and I will add Gary and his family to our prayer list at home at at church. Gary is a strong willed individual. If anyone can beat this he certainly can. My thoughts are with you, shipmate.

My thoughts and prayers are with you Gary. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Here is the latest from Gary's wife and includes a link to a website that you can visit to track Gary's progress.

Rick

===============================================

Friends and Family,

Some of you are aware, but many are not, that since January Gary has been facing some health issues. We wanted to understand more about what he was facing before sharing with a broad audience. Well, as of today, we have a plan of action and are about to embark on a somewhat daunting journey.

Gary has been diagnosed with Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the tonsils with some lymph node involvement. The recommended course of action (beyond the tonsillectomy he had 10 days ago) is six weeks of radiation treatment with three chemo treatments, one at the beginning, one at the middle, and one at the end. We are looking to start the radiation toward the middle/end of April.

To be able to keep those interested up-to-date on Gary’s progress, we have created a CarePage for him, http://www.carepages.com/carepages/GClarke . This site includes information on how Gary was diagnosed and where we are at in the process of treatment. We will do our best to keep this site up-to-date as this journey progresses.

Right now we are focused on the various doctor appointments necessary to line everything up to ensure the best chance of success in providing Gary a COMPLETE cure of this cancer (yes, it is curable!!!).

Your thoughts and prayers are greatly welcome!

Love and Blessings,

Maureen

Visits: