Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Nearly there!

I remember the radio callsignsfor Lewes. It was "touchy career" and the CO's was Touchy Career zero zero, but when he came through the guard shack in the middle of the night the radio on display would blare out "Touchy Career oh oh is on his way to the TE building" Gave us about 3 minuters to put away the risk board and the chess pieces!.

Hey Mike....you have to remember the mid when we were doing field day and the Admiral showed up about midnight. That's a funny story. I still tell it.

Nick, I also tell that story often, along with me returning from the head to the display room floor late one mid watch hearing the stereo on max and you standing on the plotter table playing air guitar to lynyrd Sknyrd Free Bird.

Back to the Admiral, who the hell would believe a Flag officer would show up in Lewes DE. at 9:00 pm on a Sunday Night? Maybe because our watch team and Lewes DE. was the tip of the sword keeping America safe from the Soviets!

Yep. It was 1990 for me! I left NAVFAC Centerville Beach (89) and officially retired Jan of 1990. Time really flies. I miss the Navfacs and the fun times we had. The work was gratifying also.

Visits: