Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Passing of Ed Haney

Very sad news. Ed Haney was a good man.

Nick

We are becoming older, and our beloved shipmates and spouses are becoming fewer. We should all take some comfort in the sense of closeness that our community continues to feel, but the loss of standouts like Ed is difficult and sad. My sincere condolences to Ed's family and loved ones.

Re: Passing of Ed Haney- message for Denny

Denny -

So very sad to hear of Ed's demise. Our family knew Ed and Pat well while we were on our second tour in Bermuda. Our daughter, Shelly, and April Haney spent lots of days playing around and in the cove near the Navy housing units. I can't recall, for sure, but I think Ed made LDO after we left BDA.

Linda and I send our condolences to Pam and April, but not sure if they will see the messages on this website, so - Denny, if you see them, please let them know that our family's thoughts and prayers are with them during this difficult time in their lives.

Also, if you have April's contact information, I would appreciate you emailing it to me so I can pass it to our daughter, Shelly, as I believe she would want to contact April.

Irv

Tragic and very sad news. RIP Ed Haney, and our heartfelt condolences to his family. Life is too short and too uncertain; to each of you on here, I loved my time with you and a day doesn't go by without my reflecting back on cherished memories. Ed didn't have the luxury of telling folks that for a last time but I'm sure he would have, given the chance. Man, life's fragile, isn't it?

I can't begin to describe the loss Pat and I feel at the passing of Ed. We first met in Puerto Rico in 1969 when Ed was on the ORI team. For some unexplained reason, we hit it off immediately and over the course of our careers, were stationed together on a number of occasions.

We just recently made plans to meet at the 60th. Ed told us in e-mail that he was having health problem but was optimistic that the most recent medication he was taking was helping him recover and that he would be in shape to attend the September Gala.

I guess I sound like a broken record when I continue to say that our friendships are fragile at this time in our lives. But, even though we somewhat expect these tragic events, they still hurt when they involve close friends.

Pat and I extend our deepest condolences to Pam, April and the remainder of Ed's extended family.

John and Pat

I am very sorry to hear of the loss of another shipmate. Ed and I were stationed in Bermuda. He and Pat both enjoyed the island and were fun to be around. My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Ed was a unique individual who will be sorely missed.

Visits: