Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 2022 Newsletter

I miss the newsletter this year. I have enjoyed reading about the different experiences we OT's have experienced throughout the History of IUSS. I came into the rating in November of 1988 and was one of the first to attend the OT A classes in Norfolk. Missed out on a trip to Key West by weeks. I was a PH2 converting to OT2 so you can imagine the difficulty learning a new rate as an E5. For months I was consumed with learning the basics and competing with people with photographic memories, or so it seemed. It wasn't until I began reading the newsletter that I realized the full picture. I was stationed at 5 NAVFACs, attended 3 years of technical training, worked with hundreds of OT's, heard their stories, watched them working as a team, and when I retired, I missed it all. So, I just wanted to thank all of those who have shared their stories in the past years. Perhaps I will attempt to write a few of my own experiences down. Guess that's my new year's resolution.

Re: 2022 Newsletter

there's always the 30 page article I wrote for you about how I got into rowing and the ocean row! lol
just sayin'.....

Visits: