This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hiring a MA

Mike
Some people are not? That doesn't even sound legal, to discriminate based on gender?

unfortunally i still see it, i remember that post and its still happening "we dont know how our pts will be comfortable with a male ma" see, u can sue but u wont get a job out of it and it costs money, but i feel if enough people (men AND women) complain it may halp.

i will continute to fight for that gender bias the other thing I feel must be tackled now is the massive ammounts of MA schools popping up EVERYWHERE!!! daytime tv is chalk full of these diploma mills. to many people with IMO worthless diplomas and no jobs, this is also y some doctors offer minimum wage, to much labor force out there if u wont do it for 7.00 someone else will, sad.

and I'm not being negative i think these issuses can be tackled positivaly