This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Abusive Doctors

Hi Jefff, That was nicely put!!! I could have not said it any better myself. Have a good day.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NCMA, (NCCT), AS

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes.

Re: Abusive Doctors

do patients see this kind of attitude towards you guys shown by the doctor?

that is really the only way he will change.you know me if i talked w/ him he would have a diffrent prespective on medical assistants lol

Re: Doctors in general

Since I was a parental caregiver for years, I saw a LOT of doctors, and I also did my externship at a practice with 4 doctors and this is what I have learned - doctors are either nice to the hired help, or they are not. They are either easy to talk to and kid around with, or they are stern and the type you don't want to make mad. The doctor I was assigned to at my externship was very cold and intimidating, so I spent my time avoiding him - and that isn't good.

Since MA students are not going to be told in the first week of classes, while they still can drop out and not owe anything, that it is going to be VERY hard to find a job for the majority of them, then they should be advised that if they are normally shy or can be put off by an unfriendly doctor, then maybe this is not a career for them. An MA needs to have a good relationship with the doctor they work for, they should be able to go to him or her without fear and let any unkind remarks he or she may say roll off their back. You can't be intimidated by these duds or it will be a very miserable working experience.

What does the office manager have to say about his treatment? Is he a good, caring doctor to his patients?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA