This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Starting MA pay

Hi-I'm at Stillwater Medical Group, and am only making $14.60/hr after on year. Where do you work? $15.50 per hour is nice. I am thinking about looking towards a bigger clinic but am unsure which ones are the higher paying ones, do you have any idea? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Norm

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA

Are You Still In School? NO

Are You Working? YES

Hey, I live in Buffalo,Ny. I will be going into the Medical Assistant program (2 YR. Associate in Applied Science Degree) at Trocaire College in the fall (switching major). I was told for the 2007 graduates, I think there were only maybe 10 max that 100% have full/part time positions in area medical group practices,clinics, or hospitals. Also, I was told average starting local salary is Hourly: $10.50-$14.00
Annual Rate: $21,000-$29,000. I hope this works out for the best. Im young but this will be my fourth semester (after taking 1 off). I wish everyone luck

Your Professional Title/Credentials: in college

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes, not in medical field yet.

I am answering for my wife, who isn't home right now, but it was about $10-12 to start when we were in Michigan. We just moved to Seattle, and most of the openings are starting at about $15-16. Granted the cost of living is higher here, by about 20%. That was for starting positions, with no experience. She has about 3 years of CNA style work, so they would start her at $16-17 per hour. She does have a 2 year associates degree from an accredited, real college that offers other degrees, BS degrees, and RN programs.

I work as fully time as a MA for a big company out here called Sutter and I get paid $19/hour with annual raises.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

I am living in Newport Beach, CA and a fairly new M.A starting pay is $14/hr at a gyn office.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: M.A

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

THATS GOOD PAY...I LIVE IN NEW JERSEY AND IM STARTING AT 10 AN HOUR. GOOD LUCK

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? N

Are You Working? Y

I live in Maryland and my starting pay was something like $14/hr. I've been at the same office for 5 years and am now the Office Supervisor. I make $18.00/hr now. Not to bad!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

"only" making? WOW i have to settle for 7:40hr here in Michigan at a family practice, please Norm spare us