This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: should i lie on my resume?

Hi Nate, I know this is years old but hopefully you are still on this site and will read this. Have you tried the Urology groups? I know the tend to hire quite a few of the men here in Texas. Don't give up, you are needed in the medical field and it will happen if it has not already.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Medical Assistant Instructor

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

Just wanted to make a short comment on being sued. Even though the doctors are responsible for the actions of their MAs "Respondent Superior"; that does not mean that MAs are not also liable for their actions. MAs can be named in a lawsuit also.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: BS, AD, CPNCC, CNMA

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? Yes

I know plenty of male m.a's. I doubt that your sex has anything to do with you not getting hired.

Yes. A medical assistant can be sued. It does not matter if you work under the MD license. Any patient, when filing a law suit, can name anyone of the staff.

Always carry malpractice insurance. For about $50.00 a year, you can insure yourself.Even nurses carry their own mal insurance. A hospital or MD may say not to worry but they can always sever in a court case. Best to CYA!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA Certified Phlebotomist Certified X-Ray tech

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes. I work agency. (Hospital ER Clinic for 6 years)

Lexi. for someone who graduated to a nurse, you sure do like to still have your 2 cents on here still. Why don't you go to the nurses forum instead of still wander on here?

Lexi has every right to post on here. Even though she's a nurse now, She worked as a CMA, so she can share her experience with us.

Are You Still In School? yes!

Lexi has every right to be here. She's been here for a long time, and has contributed greatly to this forum, and medical assistants. What I DO NOT like is flaming.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Forum Owner/Website Admin

Sure, but when I have questions on nursing she (lexi) tells me to go to a nurses forum. So that's different? If your a nurse, you can talk all you want about things you "used" to do? If I was a nurse, I wouldn't waste time on here talking to M.A.s no offense but I would rather talk to someone who is an M.A at the moment, or a graduate, not a R.N

Hmm, I understand your frustration, however, I have personally asked Lexi to stay here with us, and I appreciate that she is.

As far as nursing questions, she is right... our focus here is on medical assisting.

Questions that are directly related to the nursing profession are better addressed in one of the many nursing forum. She's been here at this forum long enough to know what works, and what doesn't... .

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin

Don't leave us Lexi!!! You are valueable to medical assistants because of what you have achieved through hard work and determination. Thanks for posting.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA

Are You Still In School? n

Are You Working? y

"Yes. A medical assistant can be sued. It does not matter if you work under the MD license. Any patient, when filing a law suit, can name anyone of the staff.

Always carry malpractice insurance. For about $50.00 a year, you can insure yourself.Even nurses carry their own mal insurance. A hospital or MD may say not to worry but they can always sever in a court case. Best to CYA!"

What in my post offends you?I believe we are talking about, "Can MAs be sued?" I answered yes.

As an MA I have always carried mal-practice insurance. My refernce that nurses also carry insurance is because many MDs, hospitals will tell staff not to worry, they are covered under the hospital or doc's insurance. While you may be, it's best to insure yourself. At $50.00 a year, it is no-brainer.

I am very priviledged to have worked as an MA. I loved being in the medical field and challanged myself to go on. I was just offered a position to teach at the community college where I went school for my MA. I will be teaching Introduction to Medical Assisting and second year clinicals rotation. I am actually taking the position of the teacher I had who was an MA/LPN. I have kept my MA certification. I also belong to the AAMA and my state chapter of MAs which I am very active.

When I direct someone to a nursing forum it is because I feel you will get the best answer to your question there. When I am on a nursing forum and someone asks about becoming an MA, I direct them here!

Thanks to Danni for supporting me through school and always being full of encouragement for ALL OF US to be the best MAs we can be!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA Certified Phlebotomist Certified X-Ray tech

Thanks Rena! I reaaly do appreciate that! And Jenny, too!