Keep the North Shore Country Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Keep the North Shore Country Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I Don't Want a Keeper, I Don't Need a Defender.

Wow Toegee, you seem to be making a huge generalization. Actually, you ARE making a huge generalization. The majority of the people who are part of this group are not the thugs you keep referring to. Though you may be scared and feel jostled by those individuals, you need to step back and look at the bigger picture.
A large part of our group is in my generation. We are have been considered the tech generation, the web generation and one of the smartest, most innovative and most involved generations in history. We are young, ambitious and understand what is occurring throughout society as it fluctuates socially and economically. This is why it comes to me with no surprise that the majority of these individuals I have discussed this matter with have been astonished. We are aware that our culture is eroding away along with our island with each passing day. My age group acknowledges the negative effects this project will have on our island, and are doing something about it for once. We are taking a stand and will continue.
If the fear you claim to be feeling is so prevalent that you cannot voice your opinions in a public town meeting, then please, sit down with one of the many educated and civil individuals that are in support of this group and learn what we are really about.