Return to Website

The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
Photobucket

Forum: The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: All Columbo Fonts - a note on ep titles

Thanks for the guide -- I'll give it a go this weekend after I finish my Wife Duties. And Name of the Game? You said it -- what a great show. It was the reason I got into journalism. About 10 years ago, the then-free sample Encore Mystery channel showed them on Friday afternoons, and, after I freaked out (hadn't seen them since the original network run), I recorded about 12 eps. Then, sigh, they quit. I never got to see the Peter Falk ep -- A Sister of Napoli -- and I've always wanted to see how much pre-Columbo he put into the role.

Actually, there werequite a few Columboesque touches in NOTG -- the reporters' subtle poking away at the secrets and crimes of their subject/"suspects" (if you can ever find it, see my all-time fav, "The King of Denmark," which has a mind-blowing murder motive for '60s TV), and the frequent climactic exposure and meltdown of the corrupt/sociopathic/murderous "villain." And Spielberg cut his directorial teeth on NOTG as well as Columbo, in the sci-fi episode "L.A. 2017." I wish Universal would follow Warner Bros.' lead and release some of these rarer shows on an on-demand burnoff basis -- I just got the second season of "Harry O," and am as happy as Leonard Nimoy when he thinks he's gotten away with it :).

Thanks for reminding me of NOTG -- I'll have a private viewing marathon this weekend (as soon as Wife Duties are over).