The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: " Shooting Columbo".

I always felt that Old Fashioned Murder was one of the most boring shows in the series. The characters were dull and uncharismatic,

The plot is very similar to Playback, but not nearly as good.

The book is definitely worthwhile reading. It certainly casts a different light on Peter Falk. A lot of what prevented more episodes from being made was his own doing. He allowed the show to go way over budget by disregarding shooting schedules, spending multiple extra days reshooting and “perfecting” scenes. He hired his friends without permission and allowed them to interfere with scripts. And he was responsible for much of the excessive humor. I agree with what has been stated that the lesser Columbos are still decent, but it is a shame that certain things could have been so much better.

Look at the bright side.
We got two, maybe three more classic episodes from the reboot
WOLF
AGENDA
BUTTERFLY

Ill take it!😁

Elaine May?

I'm confused because I've never seen or heard her name mentioned in the episode or any other. Her daughter Jeanne Berlin is in the episode.

Elaine May?

I'm confused because I've never seen or heard her name mentioned in the episode or any other. Her daughter Jeanne Berlin is in the episode.

You have to read the book for the details. Her behind the scenes control of the episode on all levels (which was all Falk's doing) is the reason why her daughter is in the episode among other things.