The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Columbo Puzzlers - Famous Last Words # 1 - 10

I think #9 is C. He could share this with me. Lily is talking about her husband.

Great questions Headache. And these are pretty tough, harder than the Columbo Quotes I think. David, took me a while to get what you meant with Requiem for a Falling Star.
I can't really add much, but I was thinking in 5 or 6, that Matter of Honor could be in there, did he not speak his final words in a least a mixture of Spanish and English? Number 2 was pretty easy. Not sure about the rest...I have a hunch that 8 may be Beg and that it may have been from the Bye Bye Sky High, but really not sure....

David: I didn't include "previous murder victims" in my questions. So Nora Chandler's husband (from "Requiem For A Falling Star" nor Dr. Eric Mason's wife (from "How To Dial A Murder") are included. We the viewer never saw either of them either alive or in a state of deadly deadishness. So the answer to #1 is just Janice Caldwell from "A Friend In Deed". We didn't see her alive, but we did see her on the living room carpet, dead as a door nail. (Whatever a door nail is.)

Other answers so far are correct, wrong and interesting! I'll post the answers soon.

Re: Re: Columbo Puzzlers - Famous Last Words # 1 - 10

As for the "Thank you" question, is one of them Sharon Martin in "A Stitch in Crime"?

Isn't one of the "thank you" quotes from just before the electrocution in "Double Shock"? Clifford Paris says something like, "I'm not really fond of electrical appliances...but thank you."

Number 7 is driving me crazy!!!!!!!

laura...i think you are right about the thank you one...good job....and #7......just can't get it either..so i am going crazy too!!

About 7. Look at the way Headache writes the question, with "True" with a capital letter and in quotation marks. A clue?

Paul...it has got to be a clue...thanks for pointing that out....let me go look at it again.........

Before I start pondering on what you said about the "True" possibly being a clue...let me just say..that Headache is probably sitting in his cave and laughing his butt off at us as we try and find the "deeper" meaning to his questions!!!

Well laugh on...o mighty one.....your little kiddies will struggle away...............boy...my Head Aches!!

Re: Re: Columbo Puzzlers - Famous Last Words # 1 - 10

I think I have figured out #7. It is "Take us home" from "Last Salute to the Commodore."

Re: Re: Re: Columbo Puzzlers - Famous Last Words # 1 - 10

I think #8 is from "The Most Dangerous Match" when Dudek says "What are you doing with my bag?"

oh...that sounds right!

NO!! E...why does this always happen to me. I was just watching Matter of Honor, but had a brainwave about the line from the Most Dangerous Match "what are you doing with my bag?" and so I connected straight away, and as always, someone beats me to it Never mind, having watched Matter of Honor, I think I was right with what I said earlier about that episode....

Oh....little Paulie..your day will come.. ......Hey! just remember you are still on your honeymoon.....ok?

Exactly Cassa, that is why I am so late with these things...Anyway, I will be looking forward to the next ten. By the way, I am sure I know #10...it is really annoying

Hey Paul...what do you mean?? are you giving a cryptic reply ala Headache??? What do you mean about #10? and it being annoying?......boy! I'm intrigued.......

By the way Headache, I love the title of this puzzler.. "Famous Last Words"........it seems that there is this cassa person who always tries to get in the last word on every thread.....she is an annoying soul....but nontheless she can be endearing at times...

No Cassa, I am not being cryptic at all...you overestimate me!