The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Columbo - Famous Last Words - # 11 - 20

Ohh...these are going to be hard! Yum.

I agree with E's answers. And I think #16 is from "Blueprint for Murder"--it's the victim's response to Markham's being in the back seat of his car.

Okay...gotta go think some more. I love having something to do besides work on a Tuesday.

Well, this is cheating, but if you consider the letter of the alphabet, "u," to be the word "you," the answer to the alphabet question would be the two victims in Double Shock (noted in the last quiz) who said "thank you."

But i know that's not what you're getting at.

I agree with E's answers...and also David's #11, #16 and #19
I know the last thing Jenifer Welles says in Etude is 'K' as in ok...so maybe that applies to #12.
#17 is I believe from Mind Over Mayhem when Professor Nicholson is in the driveway and he calls out his wife's name Margaret.

...and to go along with my 'K' theory I will say the other one for #12 is Edmund..from Try and Catch Me...when he is putting the wills in the safe...he says o'k'. (I think, ok?... )

That is very funny laura because I was thinking the same thing!!! But the one I was thinking of was Bertie from Bye-Bye...he says to Oliver "I'm talking to you!"

Yeah, the only one I can really confirm is the answer of A to #19 - Jesse was asking Santini how he got into his office.

I thought 11 might have been from Fade into Murder, when Clare says something like, "I am going to walk out of the door"...just a guess though..

It was a good guess Paul...but Mickey Spillane, in Publish or Perish says the thing about the 'window' when he is dictating his novel into the tape recorder..... .....but come to think about it...Clare does say something about the door, doesn't she??

How's the honeymoon going??

Good thanks Cassa, now in the UK, much hotter here than in Ecuador!!

Finally gonna post the answers... elsewhere...