The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Best Alibi

I agree, but I would add to the pile "Troubled Waters". He actually put his life at risk creating his alibi. Also, "A Friend in Deed", like "A Case of Immunity", has the police believing they witnessed the act.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Best Alibi

I would say "Negative Reaction" was the best alibi. Of course, Galesko made mistakes, but that's the point.
Kay Freestone and Hayden Danzinger made up good alibis (BTW it was clear that Danzinger did not endager his life, but he made himself sick) in "Make Me A Perfect Murder" and "Troubled Waters", but they both built a trap for themselves because there was a only a limited number of possible suspects, i.e. the people in the building of CNC, and the passengers on the boat. On the other hand Ward Fowler's (in "Fade into Murder") had the advantage of having an infinite number of suspects, but his arrogance did him in..if he hadn't revealed himself to Claire Daily, she wouldn't have had her hands up which gave Columbo a critical clue.