The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Your next episode

With Wood on the new Hollywood blacklist right now, he might just consider it. Betcha Curry would snap it up in a second, and be terrific.

Re: Your next episode

Hey...thanks Martin.....(this is from that post waaaay above in this thread)....
So how bad was my plot??? Really bad, right?? Kinda Dumb, yup?........come on tell me it stunk.......although I did like how you said it was "flipping marvelous"......Thanks!

So I figure I should start cooking now and see you later. We will have a pleasant dinner together.....if my husband manages to stay awake!!!!

Re: Re: Your next episode

I loved it -- I'm a Food Network addict, so the victim's last meal (all my Italian favorites) had my mouth watering. And I'm getting to that age where I love to see the great old stars showing they can still kick some young punk butt. The show House (best medical show since St. Elsewhere) has started featuring patient cameos by classic old-timers like Peter Graves ("Mr. Phelps, your mission, should you decide...") and Shirley Knight.

I meant it -- I think you have a great premise, both mysterywise and from the relationship standpoint. I loved Joe's idea above, too. In fact, I'm inviting you both to try your hands at writing them up for my Columbo fanfic site. I see yours (ideal title given the background and means of poisoning: Pasties and Pastries) being written first person, very film noir, from Gazzara's POV. Try it -- it's all for fun.

oh!!!....I'll hold the Ricin!!!!.....

I loved Joe's idea too. And that name is great...Guy Bennefield III...terrific!

Now as far as writing this up for your site...that is very flattering. You know I am familiar with your site and I have read and enjoyed many of the stories there.
As I mentioned to you once before...I am a writer...basically unpublished...but I still consider myself a writer....the only thing is, I am not really a writer of mysteries.......I write about emotions and things like that.
I loved your title Pasties and Pastries!! Perfect!
And the idea of making it a first-person story from Gazzara's POV is an excellent idea. I would have a bit of a problem though, because I stole a lot of that from John Cassavetes' terrific A Killing of a Chinese Bookie...which was a film noir type film. I wouldn't want to be accused of plagiarism!!!
Heck...I'll mull it over and see if I have a story in me....who knows......but thanks for the compliment anyway.