The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Columbo: Candidate For Crime

His interaction with Vito Scotti as tailor to the rich and famous is almost as hilarious as his interaction with Maurice Evans, butler to the rich and famous, in Forgotten Lady. I wonder if anyone's ever thought of putting all these delightful scenes together? We'd have to include the scenes where he stands on the robe of the Middle Eastern diplomat in--I've got a memory loss as to the title. Great stuff.

Re: Columbo: Candidate For Crime

That was a great line........and Columbo doesn't even realize what he meant....he just says later that he is pretty easy to fit except that something happens in the legs.....oh dear! he is adorable!

Isn't it implied by Hayward that the shooter had climbed to his suites balcony from an adjoining room's balcony of from the balcony above or below his own balcony? Isn't the word 'balcony' sort of a strange sounding word when you think about it too much? Balcony. Balcony. Balcony. Oooooooh. That's scary.

Anywho, the tubby police detective does go out onto that balcony and look around the immediate area for evidence that a shooter had been climbing around out there.

A darn good episode though, in my opinion.

Re: Re: Columbo: Candidate For Crime

[Isn't it implied by Hayward that the shooter had climbed to his suites balcony from an adjoining room's balcony of from the balcony above or below his own balcony?]

Its been awhile since I saw the episode, but I do believe some lame excuse was offered by Hayward. Even with that scenario, think how really silly it was and unbelievable! Since there was a very short time between the shot and people entering the room, how could the shooter leave so soon, unless he was Spiderman!

i have nothing to add here at the moment, sorry, cassa is dealing with life, but i just want to say that it puts a smile on my face to see my headacache and my mrs. peck here...together..........thank you

sorry i spelt your name wrong headache....