The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Value of Columbo

Total agreement with the wet suit. Carsini would have to strip Rick, and while he was alive and unconcious put the wet suit on him. Then tie him up and leave. No way would that be easy to do, either.

Joe

Re: Value of Columbo

Animesh wrote: "To make comparisons of Columbo with great art etc. seems to be going beyond the scope of its original purpose."

Yeah, you are probably right. But Heck! It is a lot of fun!!!

I truly believe that the value of any Columbo episode rests in the strength and richness of the characters, ie..the murderer and also supporting characters. Also, in the chemistry and interplay between Columbo and the murderer. And the little nuances that we all look for from episode to episode. The plot doesn't always have to fit neatly in place, and there are many times it doesn't.
Hey look at it this way, if the plot was always pitch-perfect, what the heck would we talk about on here??

Just one little thingy Joe...Ric was already dead when Adrian had to put the wet suit on him.
But I totally agree. Adrian Carsini was not exactly in the greatest physical shape and it is far-fetched to believe he could have done all of this physical stuff.....and on top of it, ride back on a bicycle!!

I personally place more value on the plots and clues. The verbal debates are an important aspect, and I enjoy them greatly, but they have to be grounded in some substance. They have to lead to a satisfying conclusion or development in the case.

It's certainly nice to see that others are starting to come around to my way of thinking: "Any Old Port In A Storm" is not a very good episode of "Columbo".

Thank-you!

Is that a champagne bottle, Headache? Care to share?