The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Columbo: Lady In Waiting

Just to play devil's advocate:

I think Beth wanted to start being her own person before planning the murder; she bought a car, made known her boyfriend to her family, and they (her mom and brother) told her she could not!!

I think the car was something she did before she planned the murder. Just a possibility.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Columbo: Lady In Waiting

I agree that purchasing the car was not all that dumb. Remember, this was a family who could afford to purchase cars like you and I can afford to purchase bubble gum.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Columbo: Lady In Waiting

Thank you, David.

The way I saw it, Beth was starting her independence at the beginning of the episode.

And by the way, Hollywood doesn't always play for the intelligent audience. See the goofs page!

-------------

I'm just thankful that my cable has at least one station airing the Columbo's at least once a week.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Columbo: Lady In Waiting

This episode is one of my favourites. I really enjoy the interplay between Beth and Columbo - as someone has noted she does have a very sharp tongue.

I also like the fact that Columbo really does appear to be stumped at how to prove that Beth committed the murder. The inquest clears her and she explains away two of the further clues that Columbo finds.

I love the scene with the lightbulb in the boardroom and the final scene - a great line from Columbo to defuse the situation.

www.20six.co.uk/jiltedbarfly