The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Letter from Peter

thats wonderful!!! im sure youll treasure it forever

oh, i'm so glad you posted this. that's so wonderful, and just how i like to imagine him. i love that he is "not too organised," just like columbo!

congratulations! i'm so jealous!

That's totally the essence of Peter, and you may be assured that it's genuine, and from him personally -- that's him all over.

I once, sort of similarly, got a letter from Peter that began with an apology for his managing to misplace my correspondence. He wrote something like, "What happened was ....well, never mind, I really can't tell you, it's just way too embarrassing."

After which, he went on to say many gracious and also very funny things.

He is one "star", who also happens to be a great actor and a unique talent, and who never, ever forgets that for all of his abilities and genius, ultimately it's the fans who make his success possible.

Some actors regard fan adulation as a burden or a nuisance -- but Peter understands that it is a great gift, for which he is always grateful.

Oh I more thing...there's something here I want to show you... now where is it....oh, here it is..no, that's my phone bill I have to pay that...here it..nope that's a letter from Hilary I gotta remember to answer that....