Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
j
Jimi
MLB Extra Innings - Free Preview
For those who didn't subscribe to the Extra Innings package, you can get a FREE week of it starting with tonight's games!
Views: 76   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 16, 2009 4:01pm
by Jimi
b
barry
Head hunters???
I was looking at the team stats on MLB site and noted that BoSox pitchers have the most (43) HBP yet 3rd lowest BB total in majors. By compare a few teams are still in the mid-teens for HBP. Looks like they are only wild when they want to be. Hum ...
Views: 91   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 10, 2009 9:40am
by barry
b
barry
Nats wins ... not!
Even when the Nats win, a Nat can't get the win! Nats had already traded away pitcher that gets the win for the suspended game. That has to be rare to get a Win for a team you are no longer on. Too bad Phils did not play, he could have gotten a win for two diff...
Views: 87   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 10, 2009 7:27am
by barry
b
barry
All star???
Why did Inge need to be voted in at the last second if Granderson already was on the team? Inge has higher avg, OBP and SLG? I would have thought that being a 3B would take lower stats than an OF.
Views: 85   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 10, 2009 4:00am
by barry
j
Jimi
What a Week!
It's been a rather nice past week. Anytime you come out on top of this group of guys one should feel good. Being gone for the two days (just one night) kinda broke up the fantasy week for me as I missed out on the OGBL scores for both Friday and Saturday. I had the...
Views: 77   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 6, 2009 1:49pm
by Jimi
Week #13
Just a reminder, Week #13 is our 3rd Super Week. After this week we have just one left, Week #19. Eight games all going at once, Enjoy!
Views: 68   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 29, 2009 3:54pm
by OGBL Commish
j
Jimi
The Final Season
I had a movie recorded on the DVR for a couple weeks, today I finally got to watching it and I must say it was well worth the time spent. A Baseball movie about a small town High School Baseball team from Norway, Iowa. It's a true story filmed in 2007. Comcast ha...
Views: 64   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 29, 2009 2:28pm
by Jimi
Ten Years Ago Today
June 22nd, 1999 Although he has been dead for fifty-one years, Hack Wilson is awarded another RBI increasing his major league RBI record to 191. The commissioner's office revises the total after baseball's historian Jerome Holtzman discovered the Cubs outfielder did...
Views: 78   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 22, 2009 7:27pm
by OGBL Commish
Pictures needed for OGBL Website
I want to remind all of you about our website. There are a couple pages that are for club owners to have personal things such as photos attached. "At the Ballpark" - If you plan to attend a game(s) this season make sure to take a camera and get a shot of you at th...
Last Post: Jun 19, 2009 1:32pm
by OGBL Commish
j
Jimi
Baseball Poems
If you haven't already noticed, there is a column on the main page of the OGBL website that is for Baseball I change it to a new one every Wednesday.
Views: 94   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 3, 2009 3:09pm
by Jimi
b
Barry
oddity
Joe Mauer has a 13 BB to 5 K rate at home and almost the exact opposite 6 BB/ 11 K on the road.
Views: 71   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 2, 2009 6:42am
by Barry
Sunday Night Game
The game just finished and boy what a finish it was! There were OGBL games being decided as well as the High Point Honors for week #8. The Doodles edged the Heroes 333.00 to 332.33 and The Eyes of Texas came back to beat the Socks 288.33 to 287.67. For the High...
Views: 79   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 31, 2009 8:57pm
by OGBL News
b
Barry
Upton and Rollins
Why does Tampa & Philly continue to lead-off with Upton & Rollins and their .288 & .260 OBP? Note that is OBP not AVG! I understand you don't want to mess with your line-up just because a vet is off to a slow start, but at 170+ ABs, isn't it time to address this?
Last Post: May 28, 2009 1:22pm
by Barry
OGBL Trading Deadline
The trading deadline is this Thursday at midnight. If you intend to make a trade it will need to be announced by that time. The voting process can come after the deadline.
Last Post: May 26, 2009 11:36am
by OGBL Commish
Memorial Day
Today is a Special Day Take some time today to think about all you have and to remember all that have sacrificed so much so we can continue to be free.
Views: 75   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 25, 2009 7:56am
by OGBL Commish
b
Barry
Vikings over Bears
I guess White Sox are trying to show Peavy they need pitching. 20-0! Ouch. That isn't even good in football.
Views: 67   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 21, 2009 1:36pm
by Barry
b
Barry
Thin difference so far
Nats have a better ERA than NYY but have scored 14 less runs. When you take into account the DH, that is a very thin difference but NYY is 17-17 and Nats are 11-21. Money must by Mojo in addition to talent.
Last Post: May 15, 2009 10:22am
by Barry
b
Barry
Hochever
I tried to grab Hochever, but someone (ARoxx?) beat me to him. After seeing his 1st start, I don't feel as bad. That was pretty ugly.
Views: 70   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 13, 2009 4:15am
by Barry
Next Week, Inter-League Play
You might want to check out the MLB schedule, inter league play begins week #7.
Views: 82   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 12, 2009 10:50pm
by OGBL Commish
back
Pat and I got back home a couple of hours ago.
Views: 95   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 12, 2009 5:58pm
by bob oberlin
OGBL After 5 Weeks
We're now at the 5 week mark, meaning 25% of the regular season is done. That is the case with weeks, but not with games played. So far each team has played a total of 17 games. With an 84 game schedule it comes to 67 games still remaining. That's plenty of games l...
Last Post: May 10, 2009 7:13pm
by OGBL Commish
b
Barry
Not baseball but ...
I just read a CNN article on Scott Petterson being arrested. I know he innocent officially unproven guilty, but ... can you believe with 4 prior marrages and at least 2 endding suspiciously that a 5th lady is living with him and about to marry him?
Views: 90   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 8, 2009 6:19am
by Barry
b
Barry
Killing
Bet you could have made a killing if you bet the trifecta Toronto/KC/Texas as the AL leaders at the 28 game mark. How about the bet the NYY would be in 4th place and if Balt can win just a few more in last place.
Views: 74   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 8, 2009 4:20am
by Barry
b
Barry
Was - Hou
After reading Hero's post, I think we will be treated as H2H and the stats from the first 11 innings count toward the original week. No pitcher gets a W or S but otherwise normal game. The stats for the 7/9 completion will not count toward either week. A si...
Last Post: May 7, 2009 4:41am
by Barry
h
Heroes
Suspended game follow up
Jimi, I agree, the ruling was vague. My take on it is they decided it's done and the existing stats DO count, especially since it's a tie and all new stats have little or no bearing on what has taken place so far. If Oswalt could have gone an extra inning and it wa...
Views: 83   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 7, 2009 2:06am
by Heroes
CBS Ruling on HOS @ WAS Game 5/5
CBS came out with a ruling and it has been posted on our League Home page on the Message Center. I have read it and I'm still not sure what will happen. Maybe some of you can make something of it. First of all, we are in a Head to Head, Points based league. I would...
Last Post: May 6, 2009 6:10pm
by OGBL Commish
j
Jimi
Bob
I'll do as instructed. You and Pat have a fun and safe trip.
Views: 74   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 6, 2009 4:39pm
by Jimi
JIMI
Jimi..... I have set Kershaw, Randy Johnson, and Sonnanstine as my 2X pitchers for next week. If one is not rated for a double by cbs at the deadline please insert Buehrle for me. I will be very out of touch Monday of next week. Thanks.
Views: 85   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 6, 2009 1:34pm
by Bob Oberlin
b
Barry
Nice
It just occurred to me that the nicest thing about OGBL (other than you guys) is lack of the CDM salary cap. You just move your 2x's and anyone else in and out based on basball considerations. I used to hate the math of if I take this guy out I have to find somewh...
Last Post: May 5, 2009 12:43pm
by Barry
Tie Games
We had our first tie game this season so I will bring this to everyone's attention. The OGBL rules state that tie games go to the Home Team. You can find this rule on the upper portion of the "Rules" section under "Scoring:". At the present time this is the only adv...
Views: 75   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 3, 2009 9:11pm
by OGBL Commish
New on OGBL Website
I have given the "High Point Weeks" a page of their own. You can check it out by going to "High Point Weeks" located on the top-left side of the main page. You'll also see "Baseball Poems" on the right side of the page. I hope to stay up with this on a weekly basis!
Last Post: May 2, 2009 12:16pm
by OGBL Commish
e
Earl
Weird---Jimi, didn't know you had been here that long!
Wow, this new forum does some weird stuff. If you click on board style up top, and look at the Fast Start-Slow Start topic, then look to the far right side. It shows the last post. It is showing that the last post, I assume it means Jimi, since he started the...
Last Post: Apr 9, 2009 11:07am
by Earl
a
AROXX
Views: 88   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 6, 2009 7:20am
by AROXX
It's Here
I hope you all are ready. Lineups are due before 8:00 ET. Good Luck to all of you, Let's have our best season yet!
Last Post: Apr 5, 2009 3:15pm
by OGBL Commish
j
Jester
Arm Chair Manager - Your Teams Hitting Lineup?
Whats a Manager to do here? General Manager drafted me team full of Righties. Anyway: 1. Jason Werth (RF)- Leadoff goes to to guy with the OBP .3631 and 20 SB. Runner on base. 2. Russell Martin (C) - Also, showed decent speed last year with 18 SBs and can alw...
Views: 80   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 4, 2009 6:37am
by Jester
8 Day Week
When going to your team on the CBS League Home, please beware that the schedule they're showing does NOT show Sunday, April 12th. It's only designed for seven days. So when looking for 2X SPs, remember that alot of them will be getting that 2nd start on the 12th.
Views: 86   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 1, 2009 4:05pm
by OGBL Commish
believe it, or not
Dave Stieb is the only guy to have lost a no-hitter with two outs in the ninth three times, and two of those were perfect games at the time.
Views: 84   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 29, 2009 8:11am
by TwinRox
b
Barry
Two fer ...
Being to look like best two nats are both named Zimmmerman.
Views: 72   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 17, 2009 10:00am
by Barry
League Entry Fee
You can send in your entry fee anytime. Send a $50 check or MO to; Jimi Nix 6645 Kenora Way Rio Linda, Ca. 95673
Views: 91   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 5, 2009 2:58pm
by OGBL Commish
j
Jimi
Pictures needed for OGBL Website
Please check out "At The Ballpark" and "Fun Stuff" and see if you have a picture or two that you might like to share with us.
Views: 80   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 5, 2009 7:41am
by Jimi
j
Jimi
This Day in Baseball - 1973
Yankee teammates Fritz Peterson and Mike Kekich announced they have traded families including their wives, children and even the dogs. _______________________________________________________________________________________ What wasn't reported was one of them had...
Views: 86   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 5, 2009 7:38am
by Jimi
Cole Hamels - FHA Generals
News: Phillies manager Charlie Manuel said Cole Hamels will start on opening day. That's no surprise considering the lefty was MVP of the World Series and NLCS. He will be starting on the Sunday Night Game, a sure 2X SP for the Generals. Analysis: In Year 3, Hame...
Views: 90   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 18, 2009 1:21pm
by OGBL News
Guerrero
Vladimir Guerrero, who is coming off knee surgery, probably won't play during the first week of exhibition games. Guerrero won't be taking part in the WBC. "We’re going to take it slow with him," manager Mike Scioscia said. "He has not been running yet so we w...
Last Post: Feb 17, 2009 4:14pm
by OGBL News
b
Barry
MLB site
I was surprized to see an "official" MLB link on their site ranking the top 100 fantasy players.
Views: 81   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 16, 2009 5:02pm
by Barry
Pujols/WBC
According to the Post-Dispatch, Albert Pujols will soon officially announce his withdrawal from the WBC in a teleconference with reporters in the Dominican Republic. Pujols will put the blame on the insurance situation, just like Johan Santana did last week. Pujols...
Views: 84   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 16, 2009 3:16pm
by OGBL News
Keepers Listed Further Down.
I took the "sticky" label off the Keeper list. It has relocated itself a little lower down.
Views: 92   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 14, 2009 4:51pm
by OGBL Commish
OGBL Enrty Fees
The entry fee for the OGBL 2009 is $50.00. I've got a few in already, if you are curious to see if I've received it you can check by going to our CBS League Home. Under League Home click on Finances. There isn't a set date on sending in the entry fee, but it wou...
Views: 79   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 7, 2009 10:20am
by OGBL Commish
Good Questions
I'm doing my best to keep up with your guys' questions. They are good questions though, and anytime you have one bring it on.
Views: 119   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 2, 2009 3:52pm
by OGBL Commish
b
Barry
Same old ... same old
Did you ever notice that every year some teams decide on their needs and go out and get them? Doesn't matter if their budget is high or low. On the other hand, some teams just seem to sit around and take whoever falls in their lap when the dust settles.
Views: 99   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 6, 2009 4:52pm
by Barry
New Link on OGBL Website
Got some free time? Check out the "Today In Baseball" link on our new website. You can look at the current date as well as go to any date you want.
Views: 103   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 26, 2008 10:36pm
by OGBL Commish
2008 OGBL Draft
It had it's Stickey removed and it is now listed at the very bottom (Beginning). Any time you have the need to see it, it will always be there.
Views: 97   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 22, 2008 3:59pm
by OGBL Commish
1 2 3 4
Free Forum powered by Bravenet