World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
faerie food

I'm a chef with an interesting project on the side...a faerie cookbook based on traditional faerie food from countries all over the world throughout history. Trouble is collecting research isn't simple since I can't actually travel all over the world. So, anyone know of any resources that can provide any faerie food recipes...I'm sure the little beasties enjoy more than just milk and honey :)

Favorite Froud Book? my mother's copy of "Faeries" from the 70's

Re: faerie food

Hi there Queen Mabb,

I have a book called "The Great Encyclopedia of Faeries" by Pierre Dubois. With each Faery listed it includes what food they eat. I will give you some examples when I have a bit more time tomorrow.

Good luck! Sounds like fun :)

Best wishes

Spriggan

Re: faerie food

Here are just a few Faeries from the book "The Great Encyclopedia of Faeries" by Pierre Dubois that I was telling you about and the food they eat.

Faery: Nixes and the Lorelei

Found: Germany, Iceland, and on the Isle of man

Food: The eat fish and vegetables and they cook the goats and poultry people give them in exchange for sining lessons or repair of musical instruments...

Faery: The Dryads

Food: They eat fruit, berries and flower nectar...

Faery: The Margot Faeries

Food: Ambrosia, nectar, the finest dishes but also buckwheat pancakes, curdled milk, smoked chitterlings and kig ha farz.

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis