World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Giggling Dreams

Hi!

They're pretty odd. They aren't like the animal kingdom where we can classify them and that's that. There are so many different kinds and we often see what they want us to see. BUT they've also been seen for for hundreds and hundreds of years and we do have some ideas about the different kinds of 'them'.
Brownies for example are short and rough looking; they help with household chores. They like simple rewards but to also not be aknowledged directly. They also don't seem to like anything beyond SIMPLE rewards, anything too extravagant insults them. Then they either leave (never to be seen again) or turn into a pesky boggart. So obviously if someone hears noises in their walls and find little chores around the house done without explanation--they know it may very well be a brownie. If you were to see or dream of a seal that turned into a beautiful, strange looking person with silvery tinged skin and big, black eyes--then it's probably a selkie. But some of them (many of them actually) we can't classify.
Now, based on what you described (tall, slim, long hair), it sounds like an elf to me. But who knows for sure and who knows the intention behind it. They can seem innocent but only to do harm or cause mischief. Some may appear to be very frightening in appearance, but want nothing more than company.
Have you seen this one before? If so, what was his behavior then like? If you want to e-mail me or add me on MSN Messenger or skype, let me know. My e-mail is scorpio_isis88@hotmail.com. I get a lot of junk mail so just put Bree or Brian Froud in the subject so I know it's you.

-Good Thoughts, Alex

Re: Giggling Dreams

I was going to ask a question about whether any of you had dreamed about faeries but it seems I can just piggyback off of this thread. Yay. :)

Last week I dreamt very vividly of a faery. I often have vivid dreams and often dream of strange beings that usually end up in stories I write. But this dream was different. Or well, the faery made it different. She was sad and I have to admit in the dream I was rather adament about taking her photograph which seemed to make her even more sad. She was beautiful and the most vivid colours I may have ever dreamed in.

I just drew her and of course did her little justice. After the dream, for two days I had some fae visitors. The first night were two pixies and the second night, the faery didn't want to let me know who or what it was. I don't often get visitors anymore, maybe it's starting back up because it's spring again. It was just odd and I am not quite sure what I'm asking. I don't usually share this information with other people because, well let's be honest, I get the "you're insane" stares. Usuallly the faeries ask me to keep these things to myself too but not this time so I thought I'd put it out there and see if i'm not alone.

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis