World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Anyone interested in writing a chain story?

Hi Spriggan!!!

I'm not suppose to be on here, since I gave up the internet for Lent...the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak!
Everything is well here in my world. Lots of rain coming out of the sky at the moment (thinking it might be ark building time...). I'm hoping we finish this story this year too. Maybe then we can start to work on a sequel...

Peace

Hiya Dragonfly,

Sorry to hear about your disc problems. Sounds very ouchy. I like your motto :) I hope the kidney stone does pass soon.

It can be tough having chronic pain or illness and then getting another illness on top of it. For me I find that I get by functioning in the world with the spinal injury as I'm now used to it (the accident happened 7 years ago) then when something else happens on top of that it really knocks me around.

Take care my friend. I hope that you recover quickly and well. Sending more healing vibes your way

Love and (((hugs)))

Spriggan

Hi Laiste,

Love the latest! I had forgotten how engrossed I get in this story. I will do a short installment if no one minds. I have a 4-day weekend this week, plus I get off work 4 hours early on Wednesday... YAY!

Cori

Hiya Dragonfly,

I'm so sorry to hear that you have been having such a tough time with your health. I hope the warmer weather brings you some relief and that the new treatment for your kidneys works well and quickly .

There is a part of the story that I think it would be great to revisit and resolve. A while back there was mention of the Shadow and that the rest of the Wilde family was going to stay back at the ranch to capture it. Do you think this would happen at the same time as Ivy (and possibly Chip) are confronting Migina? Or should it be added earlier into the story? What do you think?

I hope your move goes well. I have a very dear friend who lives in Texas, she is living in San Antonio and is really happy there.

Sending you a big ((hug)) and healing vibes

Spriggan

Very interesting... I'll keep both of your ideas in mind as I read through the story again. There are a lot of unresolved topics that need to be addressed so that's why I'll be taking notes as I read. lol!

Laiste, that makes more sense. thanks for the clarification... it's definitely something I'll let bob around in my head as I read and then start writing. ;)

Spriggan, San Antonio is an awesome city! We stayed almost a week there our last visit - just exploring and such. The condo isn't going to be our permanent residence but a base from which we can explore our options several times a year without encroaching on family. Our goal is to buy land and build. But timing is everything and we're waiting for the prices on land to drop a bit more before we strike. :)Who knows where we'll end up?! We want to explore Hill Country (near San Antonio) as one option - we hear it's beautiful. :) I need to start trying to meet people down there; right now all I have is my honey's family. It would be nice to have some friends to hang out with every once in a while.

Ok, well, gotta start my day.

Much love and blessings!
Dragonfly

Favorite Froud Book? The Oracle

Update!

Hi All! I hope this finds you well!

I've been reading since last night. I'm about 20 pages in out of 65. lol! I've been taking notes and taking my time. :-) I tell you what ladies, we have an awesome story! I have laughed my butt off at times! We've done really well. I'm excited to get started writing, but I want to finish reading it and of course, taking notes so I can tie it all in. We laid some really good ground work right from the start! ...I'm very proud of us!

I have managed to work it out so that I can sit on my balcony, here in Texas, looking out over the canal and read, write and even stay in touch via the internet. I'm very happy here. It's an awesome setting and I have plenty of winged friends to delight in! Not to mention the palm trees and the flowers that are in full bloom! It seems I'm a world away. :)

Well, back to my reading! Love you all muchly!
Always,
Dragonfly

Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update.

Hiya Dargonfly,

Thanks for the update . I think it's good to take your time

It is a wonderful world that we have created! Have fun reading and writing

I'm so glad to hear that you are happy and settling into Texas, Yay! It sounds lovely there.

Lots of love and 's

Spriggan

Thanks, Spriggan! This part of Texas is beautiful! Not at all the way I used to picture Texas when someone would mention it. lol! Texas is so huge it has several different climates and regions. Up north in eastern Texas you can find giant evergreen forests and outside San Antonio (you have a friend who lives there right?) there is what they call Hill Country - gorgeous this time of year - or so I hear. I hope to see it for myself in a couple of weeks. Between here and San Antonio they've spread wild flower seeds in the medians and along the roadsides - absolutely the most beautiful thing I've ever seen! It's a blanket of flowers in all different colors and they smell heavenly. I drove with my window down just so I could enjoy the fragrance! :)

Ok, enough out me. I fear I may be repeating myself. LOL!

Lots of love,
Dragonfly

Hiya Dragonfly,

It sounds like a magical place, not really how I would have imagined Texas to be. Yup, I have a friend who lives in San Antonio, she has sent me a few photos of the nature reserve near her house and it looks beautiful. I will have to ask her if she has been up to the Hill Country. :)

Love and Hugs

Spriggan

Hi Spriggan!

I hope you had a nice holiday season!!! Things here are going well. We're still traveling a lot between Texas (my significant other's Grandparents aren't doing well) and Ohio. We're still looking for property down there as well. I had a pretty bad kidney stone spell near the end of November and am still recovering. I'm finally feeling more like my old self, but not quite there yet. It will just take time. It's been raining and/or overcast here (Ohio) for what seems like forever. It's making me a little crazy - not seeing the sun and blue skies. I look forward to going back to S.Texas soon.

I too will miss our characters and who knows, maybe we'll do a sequel.

Lots of love,
Dragonfly

Hiya Laiste and Dragonfly,

Good to hear that you are both okay. Yay! Did you both have a good Easter break?

For Dragonfly: Sorry to hear about the nasty kidney stones. I hope that you heal quickly and that your partners Grandparents are okay.

Do you both keep a copy of the story on something other than the forum? Just wondering as I noticed they are updating the WOF website and thought they may decide to update the forum as well. It would be horrible to lose all the work we have done. Maybe we should all keep a copy of the story to have a greater chance of keeping it safe?

Has anyone heard from Cori and if she is okay?

I just spent a week up in the Blue Mountains visiting family. It was great to get into the clean mountain air, the air in Sydney is so stifling in comparison.

Sending you all hugs and love,

Spriggan

Hi Spriggan!

Thank you and I'm glad you got a week away... the Blue Mountains sound refreshing.

Cori is doing fine. She just gave birth to a precious little baby boy, so she's a little preoccupied right now. :) I'll be sure to tell her you said Hi! On that same note, she asked if anyone would like to take over where I left off on the story? Like I said, she's been a bit preoccupied with getting ready to have the baby and now that she's had him, well, she has even less time to herself. I told her that if no one else wants a go I will, but that I can't do anything for another couple of weeks. Let me know if you want to instead. :)

I have a copy of our story saved and I know that Cori has said that she has one as well, but I think it would be a good idea for each of us to keep a copy... just because you never know. Do you have an email, just in case we lose this forum... or some other way of contacting you? After I got the Froud's email about the changes I tried to get back here and found the main page gone. Talk about panic! lol! I conferred with Laiste and Cori and Laiste googled "Spriggan" and the forum came up - so now I have the direct link again. *whew*

Love and hugs back.
Dragonfly

Hi All!

Sorry I have slacked on the story. There is no way I have the creative energy to work on it right now. I hope you are all doing well. Sorry I haven't checked in on the forum in a while. Like Dragonfly said, I have been preoccupied and now I have had the baby, I am more preoccupied.

Hope you all are well.

Love you all,

Cori

Hi Dragonfly,

Thanks for the update :) I have sent you an email to an address I had for you back in 2009 with my most current email address, well the one I check everyday. Let me know if you don't get it and I will post an email address I use for subscriptions, newsletters etc on the forum (I don't check this one very often but will if I post it).

I hope all is happy and well with you.

Luv and ((hugs))

Spriggan

Hi Cori,

Congratulations!!! I was glad to hear that you and the baby are well. I had been wondering how you were going.

Totally understandable that you have limited time. When my brother and sister in-law had a baby I got to see how much work a little newborn is and made me appreciate so much more how much mothers do for their little ones and what my mother had done for me.

I am thinking about taking on the next part of the story. I'm going to read the last section again and see if any ideas start flowing. I will let you all know by the end of next week.

Luv and (((hugs)))

Spriggan

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to chime in a bit. Spriggan...I say go for it. If you don't get any inspiration I can give it a try, though i haven't been feeling very creative lately, in fact "stuck" would be the best word for me right now...I've had the same scarf on my loom for over 5 months now! Stuck stuck stuck in the muck muck muck!
Spring is here now so hopefully I'll get some fresh ideas and motivation with the emerging sun! Have fun with the story if you decide to go for it!
:)
Love you all!

Hi all,

Just a quick little post to say that I will take on the next part of the story. I'm really quit excited about it :)

I will keep you updated with my progress.

Hope you are all well.

Love

Spriggan

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis