World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author
Comment
Anyone interested in writing a chain story?

Okay, so back in the days of the Legendary Willowsmum, a chain story was written by members of this board called "Every Rose Has Its Thorn." Anybody remember that? I printed it out and still have it. Basically, the way it works is that one person writes a section of the story, then someone else writes the next section, and so forth. Then it is a story that belongs to all of us. If enough people are interested, I'd like to get one going!

Love and Blessings,

Cori

Re: Anyone interested in writing a chain story?

how do you intend to begin?

I was thinking that as a group, we could decide on the type of story (for example, a modern fantasy story with a female protagonist). Then someone could volunteer to start. I will if nobody else wants to. Then we sign up for who writes each subsequent section. That way, it will be linear, meaning we don't have more than one person continuing from each section.

We can have 2 threads designated for this: A thread with the actual ongoing story, and a thread for the list of who posts after whom as well as discussions of the story. In the second thread, people can also post what they've written for feedback and suggestions before posting the revised version in the actual story. In fact, that could be a rule we might agree on.

I also think it might be helpful to have one person in charge of posting everybody's section to the story. So once you get your section done, you email it to that person and they post it, crediting you. That person could also be responsible for keeping a backup file of the story.

Basically, I think we'd have to do a bunch of brainstorming, which we can do in this post. Then, we'll come up with a list of guidelines that everyone agrees on before we start.

I'll volunteer to do whatever needs to be done. However, if we don't have enough people interested, then I don't want to start one. I want to get at least 5 people to participate. But the more, the merrier! All who want to participate say, "Aye!"

Happiness and Hugs,
Cori

I'm in

That's two of us. Anybody else? We'd like at least 3 more takers. C'mon...it'll be FUN!

I'm in too

Woohoo, Laiste!

I think we can get at least 2 more people. As soon as we have 5, everybody participating can start posting suggestions for rules and story ideas.

xoxo

Hi there Cori,

I'm in too! Can we finish Every Rose first? I would love to see how the story turns out. I remember it well... I would also be more than happy to participate in a new one...Yay!

Best wishes

Spriggan

Favorite Froud Book? The Art of Wendy Froud

Hey Spriggan!

I don't have a file of ERHiT. I only printed it out, and that was a looooong time ago. I don't even know if it was the full story. I just found it the other day when I was going through some papers. I'm sure no one would mind if you finished it, though.

Spriggan makes 4, y'all! Hmmm...who will be our 5th?

Wait, I DO have a file of ERHiT! I just need to find a program that will open it.

Spriggan, if you want a copy, I'll email it to you. Although I have paticipated in many chain stories, ERHiT wasn't one of them, so I wouldn't feel right posting it in the forum. As you are one of the authors, if you'd like to post it, I'm sure no one would object. That way, people could have an example as well as perhaps help you finish it.

Hey there Cori,

I would love a copy of ERHiT . I would also happily post it again on this forum where it was born with the hope there may be others that wish to complete it. Yay! Thank you so much

My email address is evenstarariel@yahoo.com.au.

More wishes of the very best kind

Spriggan

Cori,

Great timing! I'm in.

Dragonfly

Thanks Dragonfly!

Okay, we have our 5!

Spriggan, I sent you Every Rose. Let me know if you got it.

I will be out of town until Monday morning. I'll check the board one more time before I leave in a couple of hours. On Monday, we can decide if we want to finish Every Rose first or if we want to start a new one. I'll add all my ideas and we can figure out our rules and the basic premise for a new story if we decide to do one.

Hugs,
Cori

I would love to start it. Let me know what our topic/story line is and hopefully I can do it over this lovely Full Moon weekend!

Blessings!
Dragonfly

Favorite Froud Book? Oracle

Hey Dragonfly,

IF your muse has you captive this weekend, go ahead and whip something up, and we'll all take a look at it on Monday. I definitely want to see some elements of faerie in this story, though, since it's on the Froud Forum.

Now I'm off.

Talk to you all on Monday.

Cori

Hi Cori,

I'm thinking that we should start a new story.

As you can see I have posted ERHiT and if people want to ad to it and complete it that would be great!

Very best wishes

Spriggan

Cori,

I spent all of yesterday working on the first section. I'm not sure how far each of us are to go but I think I came to a good stopping point. I want to go over it again and make any little changes or corrections to the story. I should have it together my tomorrow night to share with everyone. Eek! I hope you all like where I went with it. lol!

Hope your weekend went well!
Dragonfly

Awesome, Dragonfly!

I'm sure we'll like it.

And I was just thinking that each person could write as much or as little as s/he feels comfortable with.

After we read Dragonfly's beginning, someone can volunteer to write the next part, and so forth. I think it will be a bit more organic that way.

Cori

Yay! Can't wait :)

Ok, it's out there...

Have fun!!! I did!

Dragonfly

Well, I fudged up. I was working off of the idea that Kelly came up with and decided that maybe having an Eagle, a Wolf and horse would be more Native American - which was the theme of the names I used. Anyway, when I posted it, I didn't change the working title. LOL! Whoops!

Heck, we can change the title, I just thought we might be able to use the 3 animals as totems to find for her Right of Passage.

Ok, I'm done rambling. LOL! I can't wait to see who/what you all come up with! This really has been fun!

Peace out!
Dragonfly

Favorite Froud Book? oracle

Dragonfly, I've glanced through the story. I've printed it out so I can read through it thoroughly tonight. I'm thinking this is going to be a fabulous story! I'll be able to add to it, for sure! In fact, I'd like to do the next part, if everyone's cool with that...

Cori

Cori,

I'm glad you like it. YAY! ***whew, wipes away the sweat from my brow*** lol!

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Dragonfly

Hiya,

I've started reading it too. It is looking great! I'm very happy for Cori to do the next bit... when it comes to my turn I hope I can keep up the standards...the last time I wrote anything was to ad to ERHiT way back in 2004!

Wishes of the very best kind

Spriggan

Okay, I'm officially working on the next part. I'll post it on Monday at the very latest, but I'll try to get it done by Fri. or Sat.

Wish me luck!

Cori

Good Luck Cori!

Have fun!

Dragonfly

I'm in. Whether it's continuing ERHiT (it would be nice if we finished it)or something new. Writing is fun.

I've posted the second installment to the chain story. I took the liberty of giving our main character a name. Another thing that is important to note is that Dragonfly started the story in present tense, then began to tell what happened "yesterday" in past tense. I finished the telling of "yesterday's" events and then jumped back to present tense. So whoever writes the next section should make sure it's in present tense to keep continuity. I hope you guys enjoy what I've contributed! Now somebody who hasn't written yet needs to volunteer for the next section.

XOXO
Cori

Cori,

Good job! Ivy is a great name - good pick! Loved the whole thing, and the end gave me chills!

Can't wait to read the next installment - so who's up for the challenge?

Still on the edge of my seat,
Dragonfly

Thanks, Dragonfly!

I am really loving this story. I'm so excited to see what happens next!

Who's going to be the most awesome person ever and write the next installment...?

Cori

I'll take the next turn..tho I'll warn you I'm very out of practice. (in other words it might be short) I'll try to have it up by sunday or monday...

YAY Laiste!!! You go girl! Just watch, it will be tons of fun and you'll get caught up in it just like Cori and I did!

Cori, I totally agree, I too am in love with this story!

Woohoo!
Dragonfly

Favorite Froud Book? The Oracle

Hooray Laiste! Don't worry about being out of practice. This is just for fun, after all. It might be just what you need to get back into writing.

Good luck,
Cori

OK there it is...I hope it's acceptable to everyone...

Yay Laiste!

That was awesome! Good job!

So, who's next?!

Ever curiously excited,
Dragonfly

Thanks Dragonfly...
it was fun too!

I'm waiting to see what happens next too! :)

That was fabulous, Laiste! I don't know why you were worried...

I love this story so much!

I'm excited for the fourth installment! Any takers?

XOXO
Cori

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to pop this back up to the top. Still no word about our next volunteer - so who's next?! The anticipation is killing me!!! :0)

Sincerely,
Dragonfly

Hi Cori--
I was worried because I've been having such a hard time writing anything. (my cover letters for my resume have been just horrible!)

....Waiting to see what happens next too...

*twiddles her thumbs as crickets chirp*

LOL
We have your names (see earlier on post)...you that volunteered to help out...Don't make me email you j/k

~Patience~
I'm sure it'll get finished sometime...maybe after mercury goes direct. OR one of us could write some more...I seem to remember Willowsmum writing two or three installments in a row...
Is that allowed?

Cori, Laiste, et al,

I have a few lines rolling around in my head for the next part so I'm going to start there and see where it goes. I'll let you know.

Sincerely,
Dragonfly

--- Patience is not one of my virtues. LOL!

Hi all,

I will give it a try after Dragonfly :). It is a great story so far!

I think we should be able to ad to the story as we wish even if it is not our turn so to speak just as long as we let everyone know they are writing the next bit. Does everyone else agree?

Very best wishes

Spriggan

I agree totally with you Spriggan... inspiration should be the prime motivator...it's just impatience gets the best of me and I "wanna know what all happens...NOW" (said like a whiney five year old)

I have no problem with people volunteering as they're inspired like Dragonfly just did. I just wanted to give everyone a chance to add to it. If you're inspired to write the next part, just call dibs on this thread before you post anything to the actual story so we don't have people posting continuations from the same point.

This is so fun!

Cori

Pics to inspire story:

http://wolfenchanter.deviantart.com/art/Before-The-Storm-97194193
http://wolfenchanter.deviantart.com/art/Hideaway-84531826
http://wolfenchanter.deviantart.com/art/Secret-For-A-Wolf-60996593
http://autumnsgoddess.deviantart.com/art/fire-fly-106059884

And this one just for fun:
http://bloodmilk.deviantart.com/art/Labyrinth-25878274

Hi all!

Just wanted to give you an update. I'm still working on it. I think I'm about done, but I have to type it up and edit it again. :0) Oh the woes of being a perfectionist. lol! Yeah, right! lol!

Sorry to keep you all waiting. It will be soon.

Dragonfly

Yay! Spriggan, are you still going after Dragonfly?

Go Dragonfly!
Thanks for all the effort...I'm sure it will be perfect...

Hi all,

Yup, I would still like to give it go after Dragonfly if that is ok?

Hope you are all well and happy :)

Best wishes

Spriggan

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis