Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Squad for 2012/2013

Ear to the ground
I heard through a friend of a friend of an acquaintence that we are on the verge of signing another forward player who if the stories are true (& my sources are impecible) will link up rather nicely with Shagger

McBride.

MaRY_BaLE
Ear to the ground
I heard through a friend of a friend of an acquaintence that we are on the verge of signing another forward player who if the stories are true (& my sources are impecible) will link up rather nicely with Shagger

McBride.

Joe? Good player in his day, but getting on a bit now.

Scott McBride from the Rovers. Decent player but has been unfortunate with injuries. Not a striker though - more of a left midfielder / winger. Heard we are after a striker who would be a good partner for Shagger - hopefully that rumour is true !

Bayviewboy
Scott McBride from the Rovers. Decent player but has been unfortunate with injuries. Not a striker though - more of a left midfielder / winger. Heard we are after a striker who would be a good partner for Shagger - hopefully that rumour is true !

Deuchar.

He'll have to train hard pre-season......

Gareth Wardlaw's been released by Ayr? Always been a good player at this level. He'd be a great partner for Shagger.

So far the squad looks good. But still need better additions. What do you guys think?

Wardlaw or Colin Samuel if he isn't already signed up for anyone yet they could be nice upfront with shagger
What about Iain Williamson ex pars player was at the rovers think he is released, not sure if he has that quality now.
Mark Gilhaney is another one too to add to the list, love to see Deuchar back at the club but like someone said he'll have to work hard during these coming months.

Is this the same Deuchar that was deemed not good enough for Stenhousemuir by staff and fans?

No thanks.

And the same one who if im right in thinking retired himself about a month ago!?

0nce Scott Dalziel is fully fit he`ll be a great player for us.

As long as there's Darren and Michael. I'm good.

Scott Daziel needs to sign, he will be sensational when fully fit!

Official East Fife site the following are listed as squad 2012/2013

Michael Brown
Steven Campbell
Scott Durie
Craig Johnstone
Robert Sloan
David Muir
Andrew Cook
Darren Smith
David White
Scott Dalziel
Darren McCormack
Paul McManus
Andrew Collier

Getting there slowly.

The sc gave a cheque for £1500 to the manager last night. Hope he puts it to good use

Hopefully Durie is biding his time to make a number of very good signings but I'm concerned that we've re-signed too many that simply weren't good enough last season - and this season will be a much harder league.

Glad to see Brown,Campbell and Smith in there - and McManus-Dalziel have potential up front. A few of the others have much to prove, yes they can all be great on their day but we need their day to be more frequent than once every 3 weeks.

I think there's a good nucleus of a team there as there was last season. I was never convinced that we had a settled spine of the team under Robbo. Brown, Campell Smith and McManus look a more formidable line particulary if Stevie continues to improve and stays clear of injury.
Last season one of our best player (Sloan) was warming the bench far too often. I also feel Cook and Daziel could be like new signings for us.Remember Cooky spent early season in China and Dazza was injured for chunks of the season.

One or two more players would be good but its also down to those who have renewed to up their game again. We do have young players who are still developing and will benefit from the pre season the 2 Gordons will put them thru.

WFEFM
One or two more players would be good.

That's a massive understatement! I adore McManus as a footballer and am over the moon he's back, but as it stands we're a weaker team without, even an out of form Linn, and Wallace who was sensational. And last season's stronger team struggled to 6th. We need 5-6 good players if we've any ambition.

If we don't add quality we'll be lucky to finish 6-7th.

Gareth Wardlaw on his way???

I really do hope Durie has funds available to add some quality to the team or it could be a very long season in a much harder 2nd div.

It looks a decent ,experienced squad so far.Hope we can add some pace and energy with future signings.
Think one of the reasons for our poor home form was that we struggled to match other sides in getting round the big pitch at Bayview.

A skillful winger who can go out side defenders and whip the crosses in as well as score a few next on wish list. James McFadden?