Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: stonny, rangers game

Reality
charlierwb
"Reality
Sep 4, 2013 - 10:46AMQuoteReply Re: stonny, rangers game
I don't blame Stoney for being a supporter of Rangers, that was probably his Dad's fault. If his old man came from the West, then fair enough, I'd do the same and guide my son to support East Fife, if I had moved to the West.

I did exactly that and I'm proud to say he is as big as if not more than an East Fife fan than myself . What used to annoyed me was family from Methil saying I can't believe you travel through to watch East Fife but nothing was said to others who went in the opposite direction to see our friends in the west.

Got to hand it to Craig Johnstone,great captain,taking pelters over this and taking the heat off the rest of the team for a hammering.Seriously,I don't know Craig but I hope he has the sense to ignore this trivial rubbish.

My only concern here is why was Stonie on the bus?

I hope it was just a case of him needing home early and making a poor choice.
Whoever at the club gave the ok is also needing a wee word in their ear

What I'm concerned about is that there's been a bust up and he's chosen not to travel with the team.

If it is the first instance, let him make a short apology in the Forfar match program. I'm sure he wont make the same misjudgment again

It was so he could get a bevvy wi his pals and family before going home... no big deal is it ?

He has to have a life outside of east fife, but just thought he would have choosen a better path than the one he is on.

Typical attitude from rangers fans on here though ..."look what we do for you smaller teams" .."Scottish football be fucked without us" away and beat it to your Scandinavian league cause you lot are the main reason the game in this country suffers.

Rangers have wasted more Scottish players than they develop

If u wanna bitch and moan cause stoney was going out for a night out with pals and family from the bus actually find out how many players were on the bus leaving ibrox

A think this whole topic is going a bit over the top. Is it gonna get brought back up again if in October if he goes to McPhails for a pint wi his mates after the game? He gives his all for the club on the park n does alot of stuff of the park for them which is what fans want! If people don't like his performance tht is fair enough, everybodys views are different but a think at this moment in time the teams performance on the park n lack of results is more worrying then a bus trip wi few friends and family!

Lee Murray
DPH

I have never put anything on this forum before and totally respect the fans right to say what they want and having a place to do it. I have talked with GOF and he is a great EF supporter and totally respect AFTN.

For the above to call me and Stoney bigots and glory hunters is really below the belt. Does this guy support the club. Has he ever watched Stoney play? This guy has worked his backside of for EF and for very little in return mostly due to his amateur background. To question this guys attitude, contribution and commitment to the club is incredible. I cannot defend Craig's decision to go on the RSC bus back from the game on Saturday and that will be brought up tomorrow at training as the manager and myself have spoken about it today once we found out. Craig like me were brought up as Rangers fans I have never hidden that and never will but that does not stop me working almost non stop for EF and giving the club massive commitment since I became involved. Nobody wanted to win at Ibrox more than Stoney and myself and that is down purely to being winners and I am sure that normal EF fans would want more Stoneys in the squad. This bigot stuff really is shocking you obviously don't know me or Craig at all. Some of my best friends are Celtic supporters and I have been best man to 2 Celtic fans. What you must understand is that these guys who play for EF are professionals very rarely do you get players playing for clubs they supported as kids. As I have said I totally respect all fans right to vent and give their opinion on AFTN but I will not sit back and accept this kind abuse about me and our captain and the guy that won 3 player of the year awards and who suddenly is not worthy of being the captain. Yes it was an error of judgement but that is it end of nothing else.

I really hope all EF fans would support the club with as much vigour as they do on this forum.

Lee

Well said Lee,I would not even mention it to stoney,this whole thread is a joke it is always the same,someone goes in a huff over nothing.

I can't believe that the usual crap about freedom of speech is churned out on this site. Ironic that this freedom is promoted and hidden in anonymity. Yet these gutless wonders can criticise a persons freedom to do what they want. I am more concerned with what a person does on a football field for east fife rather than their travel arrangements. I am also convinced that the majority of fans with real names would share that view. Perhaps a poll using real names would suffice oops forgot that freedom of speech on here doesn't promote that.

Not The Other Chairman
C'est what?
jeek
Not The Other Chairman
I don't think this should end now. I have already said that Craig's wasn't the best decision but Billy is a Bayview legend,what possible reason could he have for being on a Ranger's bus ? Same with Wullie Johnstone who is from Kirkcaldy - why would he be on a Ranger's bus ?

Harsh. You shud be ashamed of yourself!

NTOC has a point. Once a player has played for East Fife (no matter how long ago), he must never travel on any other bus but the team bus - even if he want's to go shopping in Edinburgh and we are playing up at Brechin.

That's cleared up the nonsense and every one knows where they stand - probably at a bus stop.

I think we have only scratched the surface of this scandal. A spokesman from Stagecoach said last night the driver of the Rangers bus once attended an East Fife match and did not declare this when he was allocated the Ibrox run.
After discussions with the EFFC board Stagecoach have sentenced him to 10 years the Kennoway circular.
There needs to be much tougher screening of bus passengers in Scotland.

This is now officially 'BUSGATE' - and we are being investigated by The Two Ronnies!

I RONNIE
Same old same old from NTOC,trivialise what is a serious subject.This is our club captain we are talking about,a captain that has travelled home on the oppositions supporters bus wearing our official gear and still representing East Fife no matter what his pals on that bus says.In my opinion Stonie should come out with an apology stating it was an error of judgement then we should all move on.

There is, of course, the old humanist angle here - it's only a game and mixing with other fans is a way of promoting friendship.

Not The Other Chairman
C'est what?
jeek
Not The Other Chairman
I don't think this should end now. I have already said that Craig's wasn't the best decision but Billy is a Bayview legend,what possible reason could he have for being on a Ranger's bus ? Same with Wullie Johnstone who is from Kirkcaldy - why would he be on a Ranger's bus ?

NTOC has a point. Once a player has played for East Fife (no matter how long ago), he must never travel on any other bus but the team bus - even if he want's to go shopping in Edinburgh and we are playing up at Brechin.

That's cleared up the nonsense and every one knows where they stand - probably at a bus stop.

I think we have only scratched the surface of this scandal. A spokesman from Stagecoach said last night the driver of the Rangers bus once attended an East Fife match and did not declare this when he was allocated the Ibrox run.
After discussions with the EFFC board Stagecoach have sentenced him to 10 years the Kennoway circular.

I just found out that the said NTOC also tried to get on that bus, but was knocked back because they wouldn't accept his bus pass as payment!

Reality
Not The Other Chairman
C'est what?
jeek
Not The Other Chairman

I just found out that the said NTOC also tried to get on that bus, but was knocked back because they wouldn't accept his bus pass as payment!

All together now:

Oh yeh cannie shove Stonny af a bus (af a bus)
Oh yeh cannie shove Stonny af a bus (af a bus)

IN MY OPINION HE SHOULD BE SHOWN THE DOOR,AND ALSO BAD MANAGEMENT FROM THE BOARD A TOTAL DISGRACE.

Aw no a fell for it. Clever ntoc. Never even seen the rod.

Honest.

jeek

Aw no a realy thinked a would get yoo.

Reality, that is an outrageous example of ageism which should have been deleted by one of the totally incompetent moderators who are probably too busy wetting their pants as to whether "Ranger's bus" is libelous or not.
I have written to their boss - The Moderator of the Church of Scotland - using one of my many different and clever nommes de plume (TONC) and demanding to know why you have not been banned.

Not The Other Chairman
jeek

Aw no a realy thinked a would get yoo.

Yool nivir git Mrs tnoc. Yir miles away.

Not The Other Chairman
Reality, that is an outrageous example of ageism which should have been deleted by one of the totally incompetent moderators who are probably too busy wetting their pants as to whether "Ranger's bus" is libelous or not.
I have written to their boss - The Moderator of the Church of Scotland - using one of my many different and clever nommes de plume (TONC) and demanding to know why you have not been banned.

TONC, I don't believe that inanimate objects fall within the tort of defamation of the person.

Not The Other Chairman