Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Patience!

Jocky
Same old replies by the same people who call for blood when things are bad. You don't get the point about how the bad vibes from the stand and your comments can have a negative effect and you all go blindly on complaining, constantly finding something negative, even when we are winning a league.

Quote DPH - "Finding the right blend? How long do we allow manager to achieve this? If he doesn't get the blend right on Sat he will surely be sacked."

Quote Grim Reaper - "we've been patient for so long I suppose another season of mediocrity to add to last 6 will not matter. But patience only stretches for so long."

That is just it guys, you have not been patient at all and may I remind you it is only a matter of weeks old this season.

Sunderland has been mentioned elsewhere about not messing and getting rid of Di Canio. Well, check out Sunderland's history when it comes to buying success / changing managers and you will find it has not made a blind bit of difference to their success over the years. Same goes for several other English clubs.

I am not questioning DPH's or Grim Reaper's loyalty here, just asking to look back and see where changing the manager so frequently has actually got us? More importantly, the affect the negativity has on the players? Put yourself in their shoes and think how you would think and react to being called useless.

As for Mr305 finally acknowledging I am just a plain supporter, nothing else, that just goes to show how wrong he was about that in the past, so maybe he is wrong also about calling for change and maybe needs to wake up himself!

You're right. Give him until Christmas. If we are cast adrift at the bottom of the league then will you agree that a change in management is needed?

we are going to win on Saturday 3 0 you heard it here first

I bloody hope so !

I do apologise I said we would win 3 nil .it was only 1 who gives a fcuk its three points in the bag great team effort.

A strange, sickly silence descends upon AFTN yet again, after an East Fife victory!

Jocky
A strange, sickly silence descends upon AFTN yet again, after an East Fife victory!

That is a point worth making, because it doesn't happen often.
I would guess that the critics feel much the same way as they did last week, unconvinced. I would also guess that the manager's backers don't feel able to crow, because a single goal victory from a deflected shot is not strong evidence that there are better times ahead.

fifer
Jocky

I would guess that the critics feel much the same way as they did last week, unconvinced. I would also guess that the manager's backers don't feel able to crow, because a single goal victory from a deflected shot is not strong evidence that there are better times ahead.

Well said that man. Spot on sir.
Didn't play particularly well against a very poor side it has to be said.

Next week will be interesting.

Jeek
fifer
Jocky

Well said that man. Spot on sir.
Didn't play particularly well against a very poor side it has to be said.

Next week will be interesting.

Must of only started watching at half time surely?

First 45mins we dominated them and really should of been 3/4 up. 2nd half wasn't as straight forward but apart from a 10min spell when Airdrie got on top it was in the end a fairly comfortable win. Yes it would of been nice to win 4/5-0 but we got the 3 points and that's all that matters.

Horrible supporters.