Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Patience!

Jocky
DPH
How much time do you give a manager then? If we were getting better each week then fair enough but we are not, far from it. We certainly never gave players ft contracts to sit bottom of league and out 2 cups at first hurdle anyway. No excuses today anyway, must win game. We are a laughing stock and rightly so at the moment.

All I'm saying DPH is that Willie Aitchison is hardly in the door and basically starting from scratch with a new team. I think we can all agree that the team are trying to play good football from the back, but unfortunately in this league, the long ball seems to reign and we seem to struggle with that, as we have always done it seems.

The midfield is definitely not the right blend and the manager needs to sort it out soon, but to be fair he is trying to do that I believe. That in itself may be the problem, because we are not getting a settled team out on the park and maybe we should try and get some consistency in the team selections. The cup games were effectively the first competitive games we played and I would not read too much into them, for the reasons above.

I am not going to try and dictate who should be picked, but our squad does have good players and they need to be played where they are going to be more effective.

It is a team game and it needs all members of the team to make it a team that works well. That includes us the supporters and no amount of booing at the end of games is going to help the cause.

Edit - Meant to say, no player should be indispensable and the manager needs to be strong on that front.

jocky we have been getting passed to death by teams. The fact the manager has been trying to get players who are not able to play it out from the back shoes his weakness. Example give the ball to Stoney when he is on the back foot and getting closed down and he panics, same for durie, put the ball in front of them going forward and both are quite decent. Dueto is shocking unless he has 5 minutes to make up his mind. So long and short is manager has a chance to put it right today, and he won't get it right with tippy tappy stuff in our half.

Jocky
Same old replies by the same people who call for blood when things are bad. You don't get the point about how the bad vibes from the stand and your comments can have a negative effect and you all go blindly on complaining, constantly finding something negative, even when we are winning a league.

Quote DPH - "Finding the right blend? How long do we allow manager to achieve this? If he doesn't get the blend right on Sat he will surely be sacked."

Quote Grim Reaper - "we've been patient for so long I suppose another season of mediocrity to add to last 6 will not matter. But patience only stretches for so long."

That is just it guys, you have not been patient at all and may I remind you it is only a matter of weeks old this season.

Sunderland has been mentioned elsewhere about not messing and getting rid of Di Canio. Well, check out Sunderland's history when it comes to buying success / changing managers and you will find it has not made a blind bit of difference to their success over the years. Same goes for several other English clubs.

I am not questioning DPH's or Grim Reaper's loyalty here, just asking to look back and see where changing the manager so frequently has actually got us? More importantly, the affect the negativity has on the players? Put yourself in their shoes and think how you would think and react to being called useless.

As for Mr305 finally acknowledging I am just a plain supporter, nothing else, that just goes to show how wrong he was about that in the past, so maybe he is wrong also about calling for change and maybe needs to wake up himself!

You're right. Give him until Christmas. If we are cast adrift at the bottom of the league then will you agree that a change in management is needed?

we are going to win on Saturday 3 0 you heard it here first

I bloody hope so !

Mr Angry
Board meeting!

Funny how the Twat always shows up when folk start moaning.

Thought I told you to shut your puss son?

fifer
Jocky
El Presidente
Yep, thats right Jocky. You were nowhere to be seen on this forum commenting on how we were trying to play good football.
The only time you post is to have a go at the other posters who voice an opinion, concerned about our current league position.

A lot of people are concerned, and rightly so.

And what have you posted before Mr El Presidente? You are not the most prolific poster on this forum, are you? In fact, I don't believe you have ever posted on any other thread? How strange for you to make the above post in light of that fact?

Anyway, how do you equate the first 9 league matches and eventual outcome of the 2003 season, compared to the first 6 league matches this season? Does it tell you anything?

It tells me that back in 2003 we were already ten points better off than we are now, and we were relegated. Please excuse me Jocky, but for the life of me I cannot see this as a reason to be optimistic.

It is not being optimistic mate, it is about giving a manager time to get it right. How many managers must we go through for you guys to realise that sacking them after a short time is NOT F'N WORKING!!

Jocky
Mr Angry
Board meeting!

Try making me you sad, lonely wee tosser.

Mr Angry
Jocky
Mr Angry
Board meeting!

Change 'wee' for 'BIG'.

Jocky
Mr Angry
Jocky
Mr Angry
Board meeting!

Change 'wee' for 'BIG'.

Big tosser sounds about right.
Not very popular are you Jocky.

I do apologise I said we would win 3 nil .it was only 1 who gives a fcuk its three points in the bag great team effort.

A strange, sickly silence descends upon AFTN yet again, after an East Fife victory!

Jocky
A strange, sickly silence descends upon AFTN yet again, after an East Fife victory!

That is a point worth making, because it doesn't happen often.
I would guess that the critics feel much the same way as they did last week, unconvinced. I would also guess that the manager's backers don't feel able to crow, because a single goal victory from a deflected shot is not strong evidence that there are better times ahead.

fifer
Jocky

I would guess that the critics feel much the same way as they did last week, unconvinced. I would also guess that the manager's backers don't feel able to crow, because a single goal victory from a deflected shot is not strong evidence that there are better times ahead.

Well said that man. Spot on sir.
Didn't play particularly well against a very poor side it has to be said.

Next week will be interesting.

Jeek
fifer
Jocky

Well said that man. Spot on sir.
Didn't play particularly well against a very poor side it has to be said.

Next week will be interesting.

Must of only started watching at half time surely?

First 45mins we dominated them and really should of been 3/4 up. 2nd half wasn't as straight forward but apart from a 10min spell when Airdrie got on top it was in the end a fairly comfortable win. Yes it would of been nice to win 4/5-0 but we got the 3 points and that's all that matters.

Horrible supporters.