Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The case for change

With the right manager in place I suspect we could do ok.[/quote]
Yes you suspect but like everyone else you just don't know!

still waiting
Anyone remember a while ago Aitchison said we were going to give a team a doing and score a load of goals?

That will have been the Leven United friendly...

detective
Noisy Crossbar
eh?
Who the hell is Dougie Anderson????

If only the internet had some sort of search facility where you could type in a few keywords and a list of relevant web pages was returned to you.

I think there might be a business opportunity here - WATCH THIS SPACE.

Em...I think your attempt to provide a sarcastic post has failed somewhat. I just googled him and I can report that I found NOTHING!

[Surprise, surprise!!)

I think it's your attempt to use google that failed bud!

I managed to get his photo, employment history and home address.

Davie Clarke
Columbo
fan
Columbo
Does anybody in football these days? Did David Moyes? He was chosen before Ferguson quit and there were no other candidates interviewed. Do you think he should be sacked, bearing in mind he inherited a league winning team and didn't start from scratch?

That's a poor argument. Several successful seasons at Everton in full public gaze made Moyes an outstanding candidate for the job. And of course Manchester United examined the whole field for a new manager. By the time Ferguson went public with his retirement announcement, the club knew exactly who they wanted be his successor.

East Fife, on the other hand, appointed an unknown, unproven, inexperienced candidate who happens to be a friend of the physio, without giving anyone else proper consideration. You reap what you sow.

Am I really contributing to a discussion which draws a parallel between Moyes and Aitchison, and Man Utd and East Fife? Bonkers.

And has that stopped fans & various media people calling for his head? Moyes was experienced, successful at Everton without actually winning much actually and an outstanding candidate, but results have not been good enough at Man Utd, so same as what is happening at East Fife, people are calling for the managers head. That is a parallel to me. New managers, poor results overall, people wanting them sacked. If anything, the fact that Moyes had a proven track record and inherited a winning team, compared to Aitchison starting a team from scratch, suggests that Moyes is doing a worse job?

Jesus wept.

Moyes was hand-picked by the trusted Ferguson. Moyes is a proven football manager. Aitchison has done nothing in management, NOTHING. He's been finally given a chance at 55 years old when no one else ever would and now could barely do a worse job results-wise if he even tried to. We are at the bottom end of the table with one of the better squads in the league and out of every cup possible in the first round. This is supposed to be a revolution not the usual relegation fight. Moyes can still win the league and European Cup. Aitchison is making an arse of a good squad. Your Moyes argument is so lame it probably illustrates all the more why Aitchison should be thanked for his efforts and will never manage senior again after East Fife.

You sound like a spin doctor. You probably wanted the last disastrous appointments to stay too. They've sure gone on to prove themselves as managers since us eh? It's like a former fan favourite said "your board don't know what they're doing"

Thing is, he's right. Look at our appointments. It's not even funny. We've still got the same board.

I am not calling for Moyes's head any more than I am calling for Aitchison's. Read the sports pages and you will find there are many questions on Moyes's ability to take Man Utd forward. It is certainly not me saying that, but I am not burying my head in the sand and ignoring what is happening at other clubs that are not doing as well as expected, just like us! It is reasonable to compare, if you are a reasonable thinking type person.

well said fifey!!!!!!!!!!!

Davie Kirkwood would make a difference to the best squad of players I seen at bayview for the last 10 years, its upto the management who they stick with

but I tell you something he will improve that team no doubt about that and wont cost much either .... bring on davie kirkwood xx