Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The case for change

still waiting
Anyone remember a while ago Aitchison said we were going to give a team a doing and score a load of goals?

That will have been the Leven United friendly...

detective
Noisy Crossbar
eh?
Who the hell is Dougie Anderson????

If only the internet had some sort of search facility where you could type in a few keywords and a list of relevant web pages was returned to you.

I think there might be a business opportunity here - WATCH THIS SPACE.

Em...I think your attempt to provide a sarcastic post has failed somewhat. I just googled him and I can report that I found NOTHING!

[Surprise, surprise!!)

I think it's your attempt to use google that failed bud!

I managed to get his photo, employment history and home address.

Davie Clarke
Columbo
fan
Columbo
Does anybody in football these days? Did David Moyes? He was chosen before Ferguson quit and there were no other candidates interviewed. Do you think he should be sacked, bearing in mind he inherited a league winning team and didn't start from scratch?

That's a poor argument. Several successful seasons at Everton in full public gaze made Moyes an outstanding candidate for the job. And of course Manchester United examined the whole field for a new manager. By the time Ferguson went public with his retirement announcement, the club knew exactly who they wanted be his successor.

East Fife, on the other hand, appointed an unknown, unproven, inexperienced candidate who happens to be a friend of the physio, without giving anyone else proper consideration. You reap what you sow.

Am I really contributing to a discussion which draws a parallel between Moyes and Aitchison, and Man Utd and East Fife? Bonkers.

And has that stopped fans & various media people calling for his head? Moyes was experienced, successful at Everton without actually winning much actually and an outstanding candidate, but results have not been good enough at Man Utd, so same as what is happening at East Fife, people are calling for the managers head. That is a parallel to me. New managers, poor results overall, people wanting them sacked. If anything, the fact that Moyes had a proven track record and inherited a winning team, compared to Aitchison starting a team from scratch, suggests that Moyes is doing a worse job?

Jesus wept.

Moyes was hand-picked by the trusted Ferguson. Moyes is a proven football manager. Aitchison has done nothing in management, NOTHING. He's been finally given a chance at 55 years old when no one else ever would and now could barely do a worse job results-wise if he even tried to. We are at the bottom end of the table with one of the better squads in the league and out of every cup possible in the first round. This is supposed to be a revolution not the usual relegation fight. Moyes can still win the league and European Cup. Aitchison is making an arse of a good squad. Your Moyes argument is so lame it probably illustrates all the more why Aitchison should be thanked for his efforts and will never manage senior again after East Fife.

You sound like a spin doctor. You probably wanted the last disastrous appointments to stay too. They've sure gone on to prove themselves as managers since us eh? It's like a former fan favourite said "your board don't know what they're doing"

Thing is, he's right. Look at our appointments. It's not even funny. We've still got the same board.

I am not calling for Moyes's head any more than I am calling for Aitchison's. Read the sports pages and you will find there are many questions on Moyes's ability to take Man Utd forward. It is certainly not me saying that, but I am not burying my head in the sand and ignoring what is happening at other clubs that are not doing as well as expected, just like us! It is reasonable to compare, if you are a reasonable thinking type person.

Fifey
My God. What a right bunch of supporters you lot are! Dissecting people's performances like you were/are all experts! Some of you say the manager lacks experience? Who the fuck are you to ask that question? I suppose you all have coaching badges?

This club is starting a new era and the people involved are dedicated guys trying their level best to make progress and all you lot can do is critisize, players and the manager.

No one can say you don't follow East Fife .Fc home and away, no one can say you don't shout and push the team on the park, but my God you don't half haver some shite on here.

Certainly a new era.
The unfortunate thing is we are heading into yet another relegation dog fight.
Hardly an indication of progress.

With the right manager in place I suspect we could do ok.

Magnum PI
Fifey
My God. What a right bunch of supporters you lot are! Dissecting people's performances like you were/are all experts! Some of you say the manager lacks experience? Who the fuck are you to ask that question? I suppose you all have coaching badges?

This club is starting a new era and the people involved are dedicated guys trying their level best to make progress and all you lot can do is critisize, players and the manager.

No one can say you don't follow East Fife .Fc home and away, no one can say you don't shout and push the team on the park, but my God you don't half haver some shite on here.

Certainly a new era.
The unfortunate thing is we are heading into yet another relegation dog fight.
Hardly an indication of progress.

With the right manager in place I suspect we could do ok.

'Ello, 'ello, 'ello... Wot we got 'ere then, anovva whinga? Well oi nevva!

With the right manager in place I suspect we could do ok.[/quote]
Yes you suspect but like everyone else you just don't know!

People are simply frustrated that all the undoubted progress off the field is not being matched by the same progress on it.

My fear is that the continuation of the poor results will end in the humiliation of relegation, which will kill all the progress and investment off the pitch stone dead. The thought of bottom tier football is just too bad to contemplate and would be the final straw for those of us that have had to put up with dross for far too long.

We could and should be doing much, much better. And I'm afraid it's the manager who has to take full responsibility for that.

fifer
Made me smile
There are people on here with "grudges" that are just plain making things up to cause trouble - insiders, or more likely ex insiders. They just don't see the bigger picture that its not all about them or who they have grudge about, its about EFFC. Be proud that people are working hard, that the club is looking good, look to the future and stop havering shite.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Why would they be insiders or ex-insiders? Why should they not be plain old supporters who call a spade a spade when we sit second bottom of the league, out of all three cups at the first round, lowest scoring record in scotland

"Be proud that people are working hard" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that is just hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so proud to be an East Fife supporter. People work hard at East Fife. You would not know how proud that makes me. Football means nothing, it is all about celebrating hard work. There are not many clubs where people work as hard as East Fife. Maybe we will get extra bonus league points for being SUCH HARD WORKERS

Spot on fifer i nearly hit the bottle when i Read those posts mind you we have to comend their support for his dad, oops did i just let something out the bag.......

Suburban Mr James
Urban Licks
East Fife, second bottom of the league, out of all cups at first go and a fan base that is yet again giving up.
Yeah, we have a board that seem to be working hard behind the scenes blah blah.
Fact is the team are still shite and unless things pick up very soon no-one will really give a fuck. Just another disaster of a season for Fifes worst team.
I`m of the opinion we have a half decent set up behind the scenes its just a pity same can't be said for whats on pitch as that's the driver in all of this.

Moaners are entitled to moan. We`re just as shite as last year and the year before that.

Atchison is not experienced nor qualified to bring success to this club. Seems pretty fucking obvious to most people but hey, carry on defending the dross on grass all you like. Bit like this time last year and look where we ended up.

Something seriously wrong in the boardroom if they can't see whats pretty fucking obvious to most people.

Oh yeah, same solution as last year and the year before that (blah, f'n blah), to change our fortunes. Do you never learn? Changing managers every half season or so, is NOT the solution.

And don't say most people know what is obvious, cos you do not have a clue what most people think.

You change the manager until you find one that's decent.
So far we`ve not had much luck but then so far we`ve appointed pretty poor choices to be honest with the exception of Robertson. Crawford, Durie and Brown were bad decisions. Fact.

And you say i don't have a clue?!

Fucking laughable.

Urban Licks
Suburban Mr James
Urban Licks
East Fife, second bottom of the league, out of all cups at first go and a fan base that is yet again giving up.
Yeah, we have a board that seem to be working hard behind the scenes blah blah.
Fact is the team are still shite and unless things pick up very soon no-one will really give a fuck. Just another disaster of a season for Fifes worst team.
I`m of the opinion we have a half decent set up behind the scenes its just a pity same can't be said for whats on pitch as that's the driver in all of this.

Moaners are entitled to moan. We`re just as shite as last year and the year before that.

Atchison is not experienced nor qualified to bring success to this club. Seems pretty fucking obvious to most people but hey, carry on defending the dross on grass all you like. Bit like this time last year and look where we ended up.

Something seriously wrong in the boardroom if they can't see whats pretty fucking obvious to most people.

Oh yeah, same solution as last year and the year before that (blah, f'n blah), to change our fortunes. Do you never learn? Changing managers every half season or so, is NOT the solution.

And don't say most people know what is obvious, cos you do not have a clue what most people think.

You change the manager until you find one that's decent.
So far we`ve not had much luck but then so far we`ve appointed pretty poor choices to be honest with the exception of Robertson. Crawford, Durie and Brown were bad decisions. Fact.

And you say i don't have a clue?!

Fucking laughable.

I don't need to say you don't have a clue. You are doing a good job of saying that yourself. Fact!

fifer
Made me smile
There are people on here with "grudges" that are just plain making things up to cause trouble - insiders, or more likely ex insiders. They just don't see the bigger picture that its not all about them or who they have grudge about, its about EFFC. Be proud that people are working hard, that the club is looking good, look to the future and stop havering shite.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Why would they be insiders or ex-insiders? Why should they not be plain old supporters who call a spade a spade when we sit second bottom of the league, out of all three cups at the first round, lowest scoring record in scotland

"Be proud that people are working hard" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that is just hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so proud to be an East Fife supporter. People work hard at East Fife. You would not know how proud that makes me. Football means nothing, it is all about celebrating hard work. There are not many clubs where people work as hard as East Fife. Maybe we will get extra bonus league points for being SUCH HARD WORKERS

See my earlier post regarding "HAVERING" + add " PRICK"

Fifey
fifer
Made me smile

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

See my earlier post regarding "HAVERING" + add " PRICK"

I think I should explain why I resorted to using foul language. It was your mocking of "hardwork" obviously you know nothing of hardwork otherwise you would know that it takes many hours, days, months even years to get fruit from Hardwork. Which im sure will happen at The Fife.

You can't get promoted before the end of the season can you? That's almost a years worth of work for a start including pre-season.

Never laugh at hardwork my friend, some of the lesser skilled people on this planet got to the top by working very hard to make up for lack of talent. I doubt you are one of them.

well said fifey!!!!!!!!!!!

Suburban Mr James
Urban Licks
Keegan, Moyes, Ferguson AND Atchison in the same thread as comparison?
Three legends and a taxi driver. You couldn't make it up.
Some people on here are naive as well as thick.

Some people on here are are quite simple minded & clueless. Can you tell me how these 'legends' fared in their first seasons as managers? I would love you to point out how many managers of any club won anything in their first season as managers and that includes Ferguson. Some of the other so-called 'legends' couldn't win anything in their first seasons with clubs, despite being experienced managers. Look at Mancini, with the largest budget in English football, possibly also in Europe, he won what? Oh yes - That would be... NOTHING!

If you can't understand that none of these managers were 'legends' (as managers), when they first went into management, then you're more stupid than I thought you were!

So get your facts right about the 'legends', licker!

I don`t think anyone is expecting us to win anything in the first season with Aitchsion in charge but surely its not too much to ask for us to be in a better position than we are at present after 14 games?

DLA
Suburban Mr James
Urban Licks

Some people on here are are quite simple minded & clueless. Can you tell me how these 'legends' fared in their first seasons as managers? I would love you to point out how many managers of any club won anything in their first season as managers and that includes Ferguson. Some of the other so-called 'legends' couldn't win anything in their first seasons with clubs, despite being experienced managers. Look at Mancini, with the largest budget in English football, possibly also in Europe, he won what? Oh yes - That would be... NOTHING!

If you can't understand that none of these managers were 'legends' (as managers), when they first went into management, then you're more stupid than I thought you were!

I don`t think anyone is expecting us to win anything in the first season with Aitchsion in charge but surely its not too much to ask for us to be in a better position than we are at present after 14 games?

..diddums.

Aw..
DLA
Suburban Mr James
Urban Licks

..diddums.

A bit rich coming from you who has posted under 5 different names on this thread.

Tam
Aw..
DLA
Suburban Mr James
Urban Licks

..diddums.

A bit rich coming from you who has posted under 5 different names on this thread.

I wondered how long it would take you to abuse your position as a moderator to stick your neb in? If you think I am naive enough to think that I am the only person to ever do that on this site, then you are mistaken.

I think you need to take a leaf out of Gof's book and use that power in the right circumstances eg linos and cowdungs slagging off the fife, but not against those who are actually defending the Fife. I have noticed in the past how you have abused that power to have a go at others DEFENDING the club you claim to support!

Davie Kirkwood would make a difference to the best squad of players I seen at bayview for the last 10 years, its upto the management who they stick with

but I tell you something he will improve that team no doubt about that and wont cost much either .... bring on davie kirkwood xx

Aw..
Tam
Aw..
DLA
Suburban Mr James
Urban Licks

..diddums.

I wondered how long it would take you to abuse your position as a moderator to stick your neb in? If you think I am naive enough to think that I am the only person to ever do that on this site, then you are mistaken.

I think you need to take a leaf out of Gof's book and use that power in the right circumstances eg linos and cowdungs slagging off the fife, but not against those who are actually defending the Fife. I have noticed in the past how you have abused that power to have a go at others DEFENDING the club you claim to support!

Where am I abusing my power as a moderator? Of course you aren`t the only person to post under various names on this site but for you to post under 5 different names on the same thread must be a record.

For what it`s worth, I have banned or deleted posts from Cowdenbeath or Raith Rovers in the past so don`t really feel that your comment about "taking a leaf out of GoF`s book" is justified.

Tell me,why did you post post under 5 different names on the same thread?

Tam
Aw..
Tam
Aw..
DLA
Suburban Mr James
Urban Licks

..diddums.

Where am I abusing my power as a moderator? Of course you aren`t the only person to post under various names on this site but for you to post under 5 different names on the same thread must be a record.

For what it`s worth, I have banned or deleted posts from Cowdenbeath or Raith Rovers in the past so don`t really feel that your comment about "taking a leaf out of GoF`s book" is justified.

Tell me,why did you post post under 5 different names on the same thread?

I think you'll find that some posts were made in jest and a bit of fun by replying to posts from usernames that were linked to each other.

My point about you abusing your position as a moderator, is that you were taking sides as there was no need for you to make the comment. GoF has done that, but only if the posts were out of order or abusive. Were any of my posts abusive, anti-EF or out of order? Also, how do I know that you haven't posted under different names? Maybe you have on this thread, as it doesn't make sense you making your comment about me. Why should it matter, when you know it goes on all the time and is quite obvious?

Your question says more about you Tam, than me.

Aww, you are a complete and utter bawbag.
Suburban James and Jocky all rolled into one and well found out

Magnum PI

Another post deemed not to be abusive Tam? And where did you come from anyway Magnum? First time poster are you mate? C'mon Tam, is he, or is he not?

Aw..
Magnum PI

Another post deemed not to be abusive Tam? And where did you come from anyway Magnum? First time poster are you mate? C'mon Tam, is he, or is he not?

Abusive?

na, just telling it like it is.

Bump.
Let's hear Jocky and the club killing cheerleaders. How long does this go on? I actually thought we'd win today. Decent squad, backs to the wall. We'll grind out a win every few weeks but not this week it seems. Nice guy with good sentiments but let's hire a winner. Any managerial cast offs we can get from the other Fife teams who know what they're doing?

Davie Clarke
Bump.
Let's hear Jocky and the club killing cheerleaders. How long does this go on? I actually thought we'd win today. Decent squad, backs to the wall. We'll grind out a win every few weeks but not this week it seems. Nice guy with good sentiments but let's hire a winner. Any managerial cast offs we can get from the other Fife teams who know what they're doing?

There is absolutely no defence for Aitchison now, and he has to go. I call on anyone who thinks he has to remain in the job or be given longer to give me their reasons why?

C`mon Lee, this is getting ridiculous. I`m loving what you are trying to do at the club but please, please admit that appointing Aitchison as Manager has backfired badly.

This run of results cannot continue.

Time to act.

Since this thread was started we've exited another cup competition and lost a further 8 points in the league.

The continuing trend is costing us precious points and is damaging the "revolution".

Willies apointment is not working - nor is it going to work

.Action is required. Now.

Shut it you slags,george poor me a scotch while i figure who done the fife blag cant believe some slags waltzed in dressed as footballers and took the wages undiscovered.