Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 4th July : Dunfermline friendly (Home)

BaSeDGoDSA1NT
The RB no 5 that came on was Dundee utd but was loaned to Montrose last season. He played CB last season for them

Was it not Craig Bell? He didn't fill me with confendance, slighty nervous when he came on was running scared out at right back better with david banjo getting a trial.
To B.B comment about goalie the second goalie would be a loan signing if anything I don't think we will see either Millar or L.smith again just for there footballing development for their club droping to league 2 if they are to remain at their club and push for the first team though I'll be surprise and I reckon be someone fairly new and no had a crack yet in the first team spot-light maybe like law from raith rovers? & goodfellow not proudfoot is our goalie, we had a few bombscare's but do improve just hope the coaches get the best out of them when they are here.

BaSeDGoDSA1NT
0-3 What people think of the game and the trialists!

I though the boy at fullback and the CB NO4 (I think) were not to bad for first time together, I think they'd do a job next season.
I thouhh Page and NO4 worked well together too and done brilliant in the air, could be a good partnership.
Agreed the goals conceeded were poor.
No7 was confident on the ball and liked a run.

Yep thought no 7 finn graham played well, also no 16 scott mercer I think looked decent. Kyle Wilkie looked decent too. Team played much better in first half, then kev smith, ross brown & fash were subbed, bad tackle on ross brown again, hope he's ok, their no 3 jason talbot should have been booked, after all he has previous!! We faded in the second half & made dunfermline look good. They will still struggle in league 1 next season!!

Whats the boys name who was RB then went To LB after the sub?
Who was cm no 6.........Walker?

Agreed I'm strangely optimistic this season after a 3-0 defeat, i though there were some good performances considering first game

BaSeDGoDSA1NT
The RB no 5 that came on was Dundee utd but was loaned to Montrose last season. He played CB last season for them

I'm not sure number 5's name, I though it was Adam something.
I was sitting next to his mrs and she said his name but she had a strong Irish accent and I couldn't quite catch it.

western parr
BaSeDGoDSA1NT

Was it not Craig Bell? He didn't fill me with confendance, slighty nervous when he came on was running scared out at right back better with david banjo getting a trial.
To B.B comment about goalie the second goalie would be a loan signing if anything I don't think we will see either Millar or L.smith again just for there footballing development for their club droping to league 2 if they are to remain at their club and push for the first team though I'll be surprise and I reckon be someone fairly new and no had a crack yet in the first team spot-light maybe like law from raith rovers? & goodfellow not proudfoot is our goalie, we had a few bombscare's but do improve just hope the coaches get the best out of them when they are here.

I think Gary has asked for Jordan to return on loan but Saints haven't responded possibly want to see if anyone comes in for their senior keepers.

Dj Danny
western parr
BaSeDGoDSA1NT

I think Gary has asked for Jordan to return on loan but Saints haven't responded possibly want to see if anyone comes in for their senior keepers.

In all seriousness they won't be selling mannus or senior keepers. I think football development wise for his career to get better as a player and break into the first team is to slowly play in the next league above us get enough experience at been so young than at east fife again to increase his chances in staying with st Johnstone etc would he want to re-sign for another season battling for play-offs I don't think so I would want play elsewhere in a higher league for a team if I had another loan spell in order to stay break in your club at young age even in the youth team. That's why we will get a goalie who hasn't had experience in a first team or a loan spell at a club even in league 2 from the youth team that would come that's likely to be the case but yet again be surprise I'm sure he'll get more appearance if he did to boost this season in helping east fife so I will be surprise see him loaned out to the likes of us again.

Adam hardwood was number 5, ex Dundee United

Cool, we can call him Mahogany - that's a dam hard wood.

KotS
Cool, we can call him Mahogany - that's a dam hard wood.

And it satisfies rule 17.2b of the players handbook:

Rule 17.2: Players must be given a nickname that either
a) makes reference to a physical attribute or character trait "e.g. big yein, "mad-dog"
b) ends in a "y" e.g. "spencey", "paigey"
c) ends in an "o" e.g. "davo" "johno"

Exceptions:
1) player-managers must be called "gaffer".
2) players who are utter gash don't get nicknames