Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Current Squad

Hopefully he'll sign suthie and have 3 strikers avaliable for the season ahead in terms of options, decent talent on offer with experience for sure no a natrual goalscorer but was overlooked at stenhousemuir I would think he'll come good and be a straight swap that saw McShane off our wage bill in exchange for Craig, sign him Gary.

Captain Ronhawk
Goalkeepers

Ryan Goodfellow
Mikey Couser

Defenders

Steven Campbell
Jonathan Page
Gary Naysmith
Graeme MacGregor
Scott Mercer

Midfielders

Ross Brown
Allan Walker
Declan O'Kane (Played CB in pre-season)
Fraser Mullen
Craig Murray
Patrick Slattery
Kyle Wilkie

Strikers

Nathan Austin
Kevin Smith

If that's true that he offered to play for free, then Gary must be crazy to turn the offer down. He would bolster a thin squad, offering an option to put pressure on those starting but also offering an alternative when injuries and suspensions hit. Unless he is a bad apple like a certain player who left and went to Berwick last season, then I think Gary has made a bit of an error.

BaSeDGoDSA1NT
Fifee
Adam harwood said to Gary he would play for free and was turned down, joke. Said he loved it up here , shame on the boy

Gutted for him too, liked him and though he looked decent in his 2 & 3 game.

Bayviewboy
If that's true that he offered to play for free, then Gary must be crazy to turn the offer down. He would bolster a thin squad, offering an option to put pressure on those starting but also offering an alternative when injuries and suspensions hit. Unless he is a bad apple like a certain player who left and went to Berwick last season, then I think Gary has made a bit of an error.
BaSeDGoDSA1NT
Fifee
Adam harwood said to Gary he would play for free and was turned down, joke. Said he loved it up here , shame on the boy

Auld Jessie farted ootside her house in Simon Crescent and by the time she got to the shops the rumour was she'd shat herself

Don't you just love the Bayview Steamie

Our squad and numbers confirmed for season according to wikipedia..

1. Ryan Goodfellow
2. Fraser Mullen
3. Pat Slattery
4. ? (Stevie Campbell)
5. Jonathan Page
6. ? (Allan Walker)
7. Craig Murray
8. Ross Brown
9. Fash
10. Kevin Smith
11. Kyle Wilkie
12. Declan O'Kane
13. /
14. Graeme MacGregor
15. Gary Naysmith
16. Scott Mercer
17. Jason Kerr
18. Craig Sutherland
19. /
20. /
21. Mikey Couser

Bayviewboy
BaSeDGoDSA1NT
Fifee

Adam harwood told me this personally.

Just another fan
Bayviewboy
BaSeDGoDSA1NT
Fifee

Sorry to hear that as I though he looked good at CB amd good have been a brilliant squad player throughout a long season.

BaSeDGoDSA1NT
Just another fan
Bayviewboy
BaSeDGoDSA1NT
Fifee

Sorry to hear that as I though he looked good at CB amd good have been a brilliant squad player throughout a long season.

Any chance we could give the boy another chance or do we really need five CB's? I think our squad is done for now it's not like we are short of numbers.

I notice that the current suspension list issued by the SFA on 23/07/15 refers to Allan Walker as formerly East Fife. Has there been a delay in his registration and if so will he be available for selection against Dumbarton? Our squad isn't the biggest and unless we are bringing in someone better I think we may need his experience (even if he is a moaning git).

I really think that Gary has assembled the basis of an excellent squad this season, but it really needs fleshed out, think this was shown yesterday on our subs bench, not counting the Couser the goalie, we only had three substitutes in the dugout, which therefore means Gary only has three possible tactical changes up his sleeve that can be made by utilising these substitutes, surely limiting his armoury???

Just look at the Dumbarton bench in comparison, not counting their sub-keeper the had SIX outfield players, double what Gary had, therefore potentially double the tactical changes their manager could have made!!!

My thoughts on this should by no means be taken as a criticism of Gary as I think he has assembled the basis of an excellent Team this season, the very fact we won yesterday, despite our Manager’s obvious disadvantage in terms of personnel, is testament to Gary’s tactical nous and his eye for a decent player but I really feel that unless he bulks out our squad, we are really going to suffer when the inevitable injuries and suspensions kick in!!!

King Kebab
Just look at the Dumbarton bench in comparison, not counting their sub-keeper the had SIX outfield players

To be fair, even counting their sub-keeper, they had six outfield players.

How long will Campbell be missing? We'll have smith back for saturday I think one more striker and midfield would booster the bench means gary to search for those listed on other club loan list so be it would give him options but gary's did wonders with a lesser bench and every player minus our sub keeper (who played last night) getting game time and chemistry players would be happy and gary did wonders with the budget and getting a result in the cup.
Been closely watching Ryan Hardie for rangers u20s and Angus Beith with hearts u20 level are future talent, both players would be ideal loan signings for gary there both strikers and keen to get first team games elsewhere I'm sure for next season than rot in their u20 sides, gary still has great knowledge of the loan market and it works quite well at east fife and gary so we'll see though am no too worried about our team and our options we have for saturday.

rodney harris
How long will Campbell be missing? We'll have smith back for saturday I think one more striker and midfield would booster the bench means gary to search for those listed on other club loan list so be it would give him options but gary's did wonders with a lesser bench and every player minus our sub keeper (who played last night) getting game time and chemistry players would be happy and gary did wonders with the budget and getting a result in the cup.
Been closely watching Ryan Hardie for rangers u20s and Angus Beith with hearts u20 level are future talent, both players would be ideal loan signings for gary there both strikers and keen to get first team games elsewhere I'm sure for next season than rot in their u20 sides, gary still has great knowledge of the loan market and it works quite well at east fife and gary so we'll see though am no too worried about our team and our options we have for saturday.

The lad I was at the game with last night (Leven) asked Campbell how long till he is back and he said he'll be back training in 2 weeks.
Angus Beith, did he play in the friendly against East Fife?

Did this guy have a purple jacket on? He seemed to do a lot of talking!

Nosey
Did this guy have a purple jacket on? He seemed to do a lot of talking!

Na black jacket