Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ramsden Cup final

Can you book a 48 seater , im sure we will fill this ! might even have to run 2 buses ? put me down for 2 tickets . cheers .

enfifer
And what have Cowdung ever won apart from a 3rd/2nd division title nown again??
Well done ti the rovers.By all accounts ,they deserved it.Look forward ti seeing our own Johna(not so)thins picture in the Fife free press,along with the other pricks,celabrating there fantastic,Mickey mouse cup, win over the worst Rangers team in history.Me,i'm awa fer a wee

I was on BBC Alba! Get in there!..

A thoucht a seen a tubby guy richt enough,wearing a b52 t-shirt.Wiz that you.

To all the Raith Rovers fans: Get out this forum, go make your own RRFC forum and don't come back to any East Fife forum including this one.

No.

Zuperbenjay
To all the Raith Rovers fans: Get out this forum, go make your own RRFC forum and don't come back to any East Fife forum including this one.

Even me?

Especially you ya fud.

Jonathan
Levenmouth Rover
Many thanks to those of you kind enough to offer us congratulations on our wonderful cup success.

It may be viewed by many as a meaningless competition but for virtually every one of the clubs in the lower leagues its the only chance of a national cup success each season.

Rovers record over the years in the Ramsdens Cup has been truly woeful and I will accept after every defeat in the competition I'd go into work next day and say "its a diddy cup anyway".

That said we all want to reach the final and yesterday gave me the opportunity to savour another cup final experience. And what an experience it was.

Yes, witnessing Paul McStay missing the penalty in 1994 was tremendous but I have to say that Bairdy scoring in the 117th minute knowing it was likely to win the cup may well have topped that feeling.

I know I'll get the usual flak from most of you about 4-1 but i'll take that and more given the emotional feel that winning a cup final brings.

I know from meeting many an East Fife fan in the weeks leading up to the game that most of you yearned for a Rangers win. Sorry to disappoint you but once again you end up disappointed.

My revenge and ongoing satisfaction may come when I attend your play off match and see you relegated.

Back to work tomorrow wearing the tie of Fife's finest football club - RRFC.

LR, we're at 4-2 now and rising!

I believe it's only major trophies that count. So no you are wrong, east fife still lead 4-1, come back when you win a proper trophy.

Nothing wrong with a bit ov banter between rival supporters.It brightens up the doom un gloom thats usually on here.I'm sure ,as a moderator on the Raith site(well he used to be),Johnny boy would welcome all with open arms.Come to think ov it,Vince Sinclair(cowdung)no been on for a while.It least hes no like that other prick that posts on here.

kings of fife
I believe it's only major trophies that count. So no you are wrong, east fife still lead 4-1, come back when you win a proper trophy.

You do realise that with the pyramid system now in place, and the way you're playing, you could be joining the Lowland League in 13 months' time. That would put you in the same category as Vale of Leven, Renton, St Bernards, Third Lanark etc

Of course I like coming on your forum for a bit of banter and mickey taking and I appreciate the banter I receive back.It's all about having a laugh,supporting your team,and mixing with other teams supporters.In my ideal world the four Fife teams would be playing in the same division and may the best man win.I have supported the Rovers since 1964 and have seen some crap but also have seen some gifted players,just as an East Fife supporter will have seen.You had a very good side in the 70's as I recall,then again in the 80's.My memory is not as it used to be so please correct me if I am wrong.The players that have passed through East Fife and have gone on to greater recognition is probably better than any other Fife team in my time,your historian can probably come up with the names and details.So if I have offended anyone I am soryy it was only done for a laugh.

enfifer
Hope yiv still got yer wee tin cans that ye hid a few year ago neebs.Ye micht need thum again sooner than ye hink.

I think with the 250k alone we have trousered from our cup runs this season the wee tin cans wont be needed any time soon.

enfifer
Nothing wrong with a bit ov banter between rival supporters.It brightens up the doom un gloom thats usually on here.I'm sure ,as a moderator on the Raith site(well he used to be),Johnny boy would welcome all with open arms.Come to think ov it,Vince Sinclair(cowdung)no been on for a while.It least hes no like that other prick that posts on here.

I'm still alive enfifer

Check your site on a regular basis, just feeling your pain and don't want to put the knife in.

I`ve just met Chic Robb in Stephens, Cowdenbeath and he didn`t put the knife in either. PHEW!!