The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
t
Ted
RIP, Peter
Mark Dawidziak, author of the great "Columbo Phile" among a growing collection of other books (his latest: "Everything I Need to Know, I Learned in The Twilight Zone") points out today on Facebook that Peter Falk died on this date, June 23. Mark recalled the occas...
Views: 265   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 24, 2017 8:51am
by Suzi
s
Suzi
Which episode is this?
I remember an episode where the murderer gets his secretary (I think) to put a photo of his face over her face and drive at speed through a speed camera in order to get an alibi. I've watched up to season 9 and haven't seen it yet, and can't think which one it is goi...
Views: 209   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 24, 2017 8:35am
by Suzi
m
Mark
Anyone out there ever meet Peter?
I never had the chance. If you did, please share a little story.
Views: 349   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 24, 2017 5:56am
by David
Questions regarding Requiem for a Falling Star
Watched this again recently, and couldn't pinpoint the moment that Columbo would have logically zeroed in on Nora Chandler as the murderer. Many Columbo episodes have a pivotal moment when Columbo can identify the murderer as his prime suspect for whatever reason, b...
Views: 324   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 15, 2017 4:54pm
by Murcheson
s
Suzi
Hello from shy new member
This is such a brilliant site, so much information. I've been watching Columbo whenever possible since the 70's, seen all the episodes, but finally I have the complete box set and I'm really looking forward to seeing them in the correct order. I'm watching one...
Views: 295   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 10, 2017 9:01pm
by ghera
c
Clive
Are you an addict too?
Okay, I confess to my one and only true addiction - watching Columbo. No matter what time of day or night, if I see a film advertised, I'm straight into the kitchen to rustle up a tray of food and settle down on my fave armchair for a couple of hours. It's Saturday...
Views: 211   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 10, 2017 8:52pm
by Irene DiMilo
s
Suzi
Deadly State of Mind
What a brilliant ending, the eye witness! so glad to see Dr Collier caught. That scene where Collier shows his publisher around the lab seemed a bit pointless or did I miss something there? "I'm sorry I don't have a Willy" made me chuckle though.
Views: 246   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 7, 2017 6:03pm
by Suzi
Peter Falks Performance in Make Me a Perfect Murder
First of all i'd like to say that this is one of my favourite episodes, despite the heavy padding which damages it somewhat. But its always been the Kay Freestone character that draws me to the episode. Its one of the few episodes where the guest murderer is more int...
Views: 336   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 6, 2017 10:05pm
by Clive
s
Suzi
Forgotten Lady and A Case of Immunity
Just watched FORGOTTEN LADY again and I'd forgotten how Columbo basically let's her off. He's so caring and compassionate at times. Is that the only episode where he let's the murderer off? I can't wait to find out. I thought the murderer was going to get away...
Views: 276   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 6, 2017 3:51pm
by Clive
s
Suzi
Identity Crisis
I'm working my way through the box set, I'm on season 5 now, I watched Identity Crisis yesterday and I have to say it is the first episode I can say I didn't enjoy. Columbo's character just didn't seem 'normal' and Nelson Brenner seemed to be acted very, I don't know...
Views: 347   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 4, 2017 8:25pm
by quid_quo_pro
g
Grant
Victims With The Most "Screen Time"
This has probably come up before, but maybe not in a while. Mr. Matthews and Paul Williams have about the least "screen time" of any victims, but which ones have the most? (Not counting Dr. Heidemann, who both is and isn't a victim, and not counting later ones like b...
Views: 428   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 3, 2017 7:41pm
by Suzi
f
Fred
Music Over kill
In Troubled Waters the Volare song goes on fprever. Drives me nuts. So does the opening of the show musoc at the Cabaret of Magic.
Views: 278   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 3, 2017 7:21pm
by Eric Paddon
Eee, I miss him.
What a lovely photo this is:
Views: 242   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 3, 2017 6:46pm
by Suzi
r
Rob L
Would Justin's confession be admissible in court?
At the very end of 'Columbo goes to college' as Justin and Coop are being hauled away, Columbo asks the boys why they did it. We have not heard anyone read the boys their rights at this stage however, in front of multiple witnesses, Justin clearly confessed to killin...
Views: 309   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 29, 2017 12:41am
by Fred
d
David
RIP Jared Martin (A Stitch in Crime)
Sad to learn that Jared Martin passed away. Harry Alexander from A Stitch in Crime. I never realized that he lived here in Philadelphia. Rest in peace.
Views: 308   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 27, 2017 2:41pm
by Grant
Columbo's number plate in Requiem for a falling star
number plate D44 APD Anything that the car nerds here could dissect into?
Views: 434   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 22, 2017 12:03pm
by Ted
w
Wendy
Worst actor/actress?
This may have been covered elsewhere, so please excuse if it's a repeat, but I was minding my own business today, just letting Columbo auto-play, and suddenly, on came "Double Shock." I hadn't seen it in a while and was just getting into it when on came the WORST...
Views: 869   Replies: 25
Last Post: May 20, 2017 6:51pm
by Suzi
Charismatic quality ranking
Could anybody help me out with this one ? Of all the murderers could any one offer a ranking list of charismatic charm quality in the personalities of the murderers with the top (number 1 ) being most charismatic to the highest number being least? I wonder if we wo...
Views: 283   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 20, 2017 6:44pm
by Suzi
The best ending ?
What is the best ending in terms of the final dialogue? For me: "Candidate for Crime" The way how Hayward proves his own guilt is brilliant.
Views: 363   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 20, 2017 6:31pm
by Suzi
f
Fred
Actors You Wished We Saw More Of
I liked a lot of actors in the series. Not just murderers either. John Finnegan was one in particular. I also LOVED anything that Patrick McGoohan was in. But who was in the series that you wished you could have seen again? Or, on the opposite side, who are...
Views: 379   Replies: 15
Last Post: May 20, 2017 5:57pm
by Suzi
c
Clive
Dawn Frame
Anyone know what happened to Dawn Frame? She was the child actor in Etude in Black - definitely one of the better Columbo films! Her film career ends after 1975. Would be interesting to know what happened.
Views: 295   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 16, 2017 1:13pm
by Clive
Don Gordon 1926-2017
The actor Don Gordon has died aged 90. He played murder victim Alvin Deschler in the episode Negative Reaction
Views: 273   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 9, 2017 3:23am
by Grant
Columbo has no sense of humor ...
He arrested Nelson Hayward immediately after he made "just for a small joke" ... https://youtu.be/8KndVaLJeSA
Views: 356   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 8, 2017 8:18pm
by Andrew (England)
Double Shock
Why did the Paris brothers kill Lisa Chambers? It was really a huge risk that had little payback to them and would just cause the lawyer to talk. Thoughts??
Views: 462   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 7, 2017 11:39pm
by Irene DiMilo
g
ghera
Filming locations
Hello. Columbo Series. I'm looking for shooting locations. Do you have any information on the address of the villa where the "Playback" episode was shot? For my part, I have found dozens of places that I can give you if you wish. Cordially.
Views: 247   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 6, 2017 8:39am
by ghera
g
Grant
Actors Who could Have Had Funny Roles
Any thread about actors who could have played the killer makes me think of ones who could have had FUNNY roles on the show. I've said it several times, but since Buddy Castle is a completely serious role, I always wish Pat Harrington had had a comical one in some...
Views: 311   Replies: 14
Last Post: May 4, 2017 7:38pm
by combo26
Julie Newmar
Julie Newmar could have been an interesting murderer!
Views: 353   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 1, 2017 10:36pm
by Ultima Thule
g
ghera
Filming locations
Hello. Columbo Series. I'm looking for shooting locations. Do you have any information about the following places? : 1) In the episode "Ashes to ashes": the residence of Verity Chandler as well as the residence of Sheikh Yarami. 2) In the episode "Rest in peace Mrs C...
Views: 609   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 1, 2017 5:03pm
by ghera
l
Leaper
Cast the Columbo murderers... At Martin Ross' fanfic site!
OK, we all know that the casting of the killer is the most important part of a Columbo episode. And seeing as how Martin Ross has put up some new 'fic on his site lately (finally!), I invite those of you who haven't checked it out yet TO check it out, and let us kno...
Views: 735   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 28, 2017 3:16pm
by Toby O'B
The DVD's
It always irritates me when people post messages here asking the forum where they can acquire Columbo on DVD. I mean, you can find them everywhere, including Amazon, which is now offering the complete series for $43.99! Shows you how far down in price they've come...
Views: 251   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 28, 2017 12:05pm
by Ted
Little things you finally notice after all these years.
I was watching "How to Dial a Murder" last night and having seen every episode many, many times, for the first time, I finally noticed that you can clearly see the tape recorder sticking out of Columbo's jacket pocket when him and Dr. Mason are sitting in the big cha...
Views: 447   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 27, 2017 7:45pm
by Stan Williams
Jonathan Demme 1944-2017
Oscar winning film director Jonathan Demme has died aged 73. He directed the Columbo episode Murder Under Glass.
Views: 222   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 27, 2017 12:17am
by Bud Wiser
g
ghera
Filming locations searched and found
Hello. I am looking for places to shoot episodes of columbo. If you have any information about the following places, I am a taker: 1) episode "ashes to ashes": the residence of Verity Chandler as well as the residence of Sheikh Yarami. 2) episode "Rest in peace Mrs C...
Views: 394   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 22, 2017 8:11am
by ghera
f
Fred
No Time to Die on MeTV Sunday night
I def. aint going to watch it. By far the worst episode ever made.
Views: 204   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 14, 2017 7:58pm
by Fred
f
Fred
Give the Episode and Who Said It
TRY THESE. I KNOW SOME ARE SHOCKINGLY EZ..... 1. "It looks like he is scraping bottom" 2. "Ahhh...that is a burrrrning question sir." 3. "You have the wrong 'rum'" 4. "Harold don't do anything desperate." 5. "Now this might sound stupid to you....
Views: 380   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 14, 2017 7:56pm
by Fred
Peter Falk on Johnny Carson talking about Bye-Bye Sky High
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW-qFskQM8M&t=25m30s ....and talks about the cheap detective movie
Views: 338   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 7, 2017 4:04pm
by isrb
They should've had another "shot" at villainy
My subject is those who should have repeated as murderers but, alas, did not. Head of the list? Richard Kiley. If you don't like "A Friend In Deed" then I feel sorry for you. Next up? Donald Pleasance. If you don't like...OK, you get the idea. My third choice...
Views: 291   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 4, 2017 8:06am
by Rex
mansions
Has anybody researched and compiled a list and photos of whom all those beautiful mansions belong to, all the murderers pretend to live in? They are so cool!
Views: 450   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 3, 2017 2:32pm
by ghera
mansions
I think I located the Oliver Brandt house used in The Bye-Bye Sky High IQ Murder Case. The address is 10451 Bellagio Road Los Angeles. Does anyone know where the Mensa Clubhouse is located ? Also, the residence used for the exterior in Ransom for a Dead Man s...
Views: 303   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 3, 2017 10:02am
by ghera
e
emmo26
now and then locations shots...
I would like to see these...would give you an idea how much l.a. changed since the 70's
Views: 393   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 3, 2017 8:35am
by ghera
Columbo, Prescription Murder
Maldon Drama Group is staging a performance of Columbo, Prescription Murder, the original play that went on to become the pilot for the Columbo series. The play centres around Dr Roy Fleming, a brilliant and successful psychiatrist, rich and very well connected. Hi...
Views: 236   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 2, 2017 8:41am
by Maldon Drama Gro...
Views: 462   Replies: 25
Last Post: Apr 2, 2017 2:00am
by combo26
DOUBLE EXPOSURE - what was the clue
In "Double Exposure" the ending is not quite clear to me. Columbo has made some photos in the murderer's office and then there was a movie, during which the murderer went to his office for the murdere weapon. Was Columbo inserted a photo of himself into the movie to...
Views: 274   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 31, 2017 8:07pm
by Murcheson
Lola Albright 1924-2017
Lola Albright, who played Clare Daley in Fade into Murder, has died aged 92
Views: 230   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 27, 2017 11:21pm
by Grant
h
Hubi
Address search of the same mansion in a Columbo episode and "Family Plot" by Hitchcock
I am a German fan of Columbo and also from Hitchcock films. I noticed that the mansion of Oliver Brandt in "The Bye-Bye Sky High IQ Murder Case" and the mansion of Julia Rainbird in Hitchcock's last movie "Family Plot" are be identical. Unfortunately I could not i...
Views: 576   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 27, 2017 6:27am
by ghera
r
Ricky
Lady in Waiting locations
Hello, anyone knows something about this episode filming locations like Chadwick's house or other places like that? Thank you very much!
Views: 266   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 26, 2017 4:00pm
by ghera
m
Mitch
Peter did manage to appear at the Hay Festival.
I found a story on the BBC website about Peters appearance at the Hay Festival. The link is below. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/mid/6704569.stm
Views: 298   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 26, 2017 11:37am
by combo26
Was Columbo really so good? Weak points of his proofs ...
In many episodes I noticed, that the endings were not so obvious and the proofs were not really strong enough to assume, that the suspect was a murderer. Example: "A Deadly State of Mind" The suspect could easily say that he just wanted to protect Nadia, who ki...
Views: 450   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 23, 2017 8:06pm
by Rob L
Poll to rate favourite episodes
Has anybody / is anybody able to set up a poll so everyone can vote for their top three (or five maybe) favourite episodes. Would be interesting to see which ones come out top. Or has this already been done somewhere?
Views: 381   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 23, 2017 2:59pm
by Lucerne
g
Grant
Beau Williamson
I've always thought about this very casually, but never thought to ask a question about it. Everyone knows that no one in BLUEPRINT FOR MURDER (including Columbo himself) is absolutely certain that Beau has been murdered until the end; he's a missing person all thro...
Views: 218   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 23, 2017 9:48am
by Ultima Thule
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26