The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
g
Grant
Beau Williamson
I've always thought about this very casually, but never thought to ask a question about it. Everyone knows that no one in BLUEPRINT FOR MURDER (including Columbo himself) is absolutely certain that Beau has been murdered until the end; he's a missing person all thro...
Views: 218   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 23, 2017 9:48am
by Ultima Thule
l
LMG
Song In Columbo Goes To College
does anybody know what the name of the song that is played at the start of columbo goes to college is? the one that plays as cooper is driving up to the house?
Views: 369   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 21, 2017 6:25am
by Susi
f
faison
Single best thing about Columbo
In my opinion the best thing about Columbo has to be Vito Scotti. Genius character actor. Maitre d, funeral director, tailor, drunken bum. He stole the show in all the episodes he was in. Best line: 'That is the prevailing theory'
Views: 273   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 14, 2017 4:00am
by Murcheson
Newer episodes - music helps makes mockery of columbo character
Has anyone else noticed that the later episodes from the 80s onwards have a lot more silly bits in them and the music is comical at times. Columbo almost becomes a cliche extreme joke version of the more subtleties of his original character. I think it's essentially...
Views: 372   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 12, 2017 5:34pm
by Pete
p
Pete
Double Exposure Observation
Always a great episode to watch, I saw Double Exposure recently. Using subliminal advertising was a neat plot device, but how could any adult believe that would work in real life. There was a book called "The Hidden Persuaders", that allegedly documented the effects...
Views: 445   Replies: 11
Last Post: Mar 12, 2017 2:26pm
by Murcheson
Killer being nice to Columbo till the end?
Hello, I was wondering, is there an episode where the killer is nice to Columbo all the way untill the end? Like being patient with him, and not being on such "high horses" all the time?
Views: 521   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 8, 2017 2:43am
by Big Jake
Blurprint Motive for Anger and Murder
Not long ago someone here mentioned that maybe Elliott and Jennifer were having an affair.....I hadn't picked up on that. This puts a new light on the motive. This would explain why Beau was so angry, why he trashed the model city in Elliott's office and went to...
Views: 308   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 5, 2017 5:48am
by David
z
Zandy
"Mr. Salty"
Remember those? The thin pretzel sticks made in the blue and red box? I sure do. You could make a meal of those things without poisoning yourself, which could be partly why Nabisco stopped making them (whenever that was). Every time I witness the barkeep fill the...
Views: 263   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 28, 2017 3:36pm
by Mark Salot
Views: 303   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 28, 2017 3:21pm
by Mark Salot
b
Bryce
Funniest instances of Columbo derailing the murderer's hopes?
It's been a couple months or so since I said I'd withdraw from this forum to avoid any further bedlam involving this individual who kept posting under my name, often times with little relevance to the actual topics being discussed. I still view the forum regularly, t...
Views: 461   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 24, 2017 4:16pm
by Travel Town
"The Underworld Bank"
As usual, I found myself perusing through the garbage channels (more than I actually watch any of them), but this time I ran across a rather familiar figure that immediately prompted me to stop and hang out for awhile. It turned out to be an episode of "The Untouc...
Views: 328   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 24, 2017 1:31pm
by Grant
c
Chet
Identity Crisis Plot Questions Please...
Ok, so Brenner meets up with Geronimo, and we learn they are both CIA guys. But Geronimo suspects that Brenner is a double agent. So that is why Brenner kills Geronimo...so that Geronimo can't revel that Brenner is a double agent? I never understood the motive h...
Views: 818   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 23, 2017 4:40pm
by Mr. Keppel - I m...
f
Fred
Your Favorite P. McGoohan quotes
ok this is not a quiz, but let's have some fun anyhow and post some of your favorite quotes from my favorite Columbo actor,Patrick McGoohan. Here are a couple of mine: "The Teeeeee-thirty threeee silver star." this next one is on here just because of the way...
Views: 442   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 23, 2017 2:56am
by Henderson
Brimmer's perfect Alibi
They gave Brimmer a small sliver of sympathy by making the murder an accident. He was ambitious and full of himself but he really was sorry he kill her. Having said that, he had a pretty good alibi without moving the body. She entered his house when he wasn't hom...
Views: 369   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 22, 2017 6:20pm
by Mr. Keppel - I m...
"Murder in Malibu", seriously??
Hello to all Columbo's fans all over the world. So, there's one thing that bothers me about "Murder in Malibu", especially as I seem the only one bothered by it. Which bothers me all the more so. All the topics about "Murder in Malibu" are about the bad acting,...
Views: 1031   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 22, 2017 4:29am
by Fred
p
Paul
Fake Peter Falk Signatures
I am a huge collector of Peter Falk memorabilia, in fact I can’t even say or type the word memorabilia without thinking of the episode "How to Dial a Murder". In my collection I have ALL Peter’s Lithographs, most in multiples, many one-off pieces of artwo...
Views: 398   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 22, 2017 2:08am
by Alexander Olsen
g
Grant
Trivia Question
I'm usually either bad at coming up with them, or I come up with ones that are so obscure, they're about the closest thing to cheating. And this one will be awfully close, but I'll ask it anyway. Can anyone name a Columbo actor who's been played (in movies or TV)...
Views: 263   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 21, 2017 8:12pm
by Grant
j
JBT33
Last Salute revisited
This has always been a strange episode - the format doesn't fit the typical "how got 'em" game plan, the bizarre and sometimes testy behavior of Lt. Columbo throughout and the equally bizarre characters. For a while I avoided this episode in my DVD rotation or on TV,...
Views: 501   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 18, 2017 1:03am
by Henderson
Whats your favorite "Just One More Thing" moment.
"Oh! just one more thing" This is a very classic moment in every episode always used at just the right time to expose guilt, suspicion or irritation in a suspect. A useful tool Columbo used to gauge reactions, cut through fake politeness, create telling reactions...
Views: 389   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 17, 2017 7:18pm
by M. E. Quincy
riddle next clue
he did go between ho ho ho clue one PM clue 2: fax best of luck new clue next week if no one yet quite gets it
Views: 263   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 17, 2017 6:46pm
by Verdammt
Milo Janus and Ruth have a history
If that sounds far-fetched or ridiculous, consider what we see and hear. Milo and Ruth are having dinner after Gene's murder. She is dressed, not casually, but for a "night on the town" - her hair is up, she's wearing makeup, and her dress is, for want of a better...
Views: 287   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 17, 2017 5:26pm
by Mr. Keppel - I m...
g
Grant
Most Dislikable Victims
Maybe this has come up many times, but along with those lists of killers, I wonder which victims are considered the most unpleasant. Two obvious ones are Karl Donner and Karl Lessing. Although maybe Karl Lessing felt provoked to some degree, since he had been hoping...
Views: 396   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 17, 2017 1:43pm
by Verdammt
Robert Vaughn
Another great Columbo killer gone today. RIP Robert Vaughn
Views: 360   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 14, 2017 2:50am
by Henderson
i
Ian W
Columbo mentions in other TV dramas (or comedies)
Don't know if there has been a thread like this before, but have you ever heard Columbo mentioned in another TV show? He is mentioned in an episode of the UK comedy Are You Being Served? by the character Mr Lucas, though I can't remember the exact episode!
Views: 341   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 13, 2017 12:44pm
by combo26
COLUMBO vs TERRORISM
Looking back I can't help but admire the likes of Penn, Berk and Simmons in producing a potentially controversial episode that was The Conspirators. In today's society that wouldn't wash because the world is more sensitive, vulnerable and unfortunately too PC. You...
Views: 413   Replies: 21
Last Post: Feb 13, 2017 10:46am
by combo26
f
Fred
Milos maby blunders
In the end, Columbo says that Milo tried to contrive the perfect Alibi. And it was the perfect Alibi that hung up. However, let's take a look at some of the many screw-ups that he did along the way. 1. Why not just re record the audio tape? Why splice at? Takes...
Views: 329   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 13, 2017 12:23am
by Stephen
sorry mistake on clue please note urgent
Sorry clue should not be 'PG' clue should be 'PM'
Views: 194   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 12, 2017 9:25pm
by jaywick gomrich
other clue for the battling riddle
hi fans as promised the next clue he did go between ho ho ho next clue PG best of luck and well done for your tenacity another clue next week if no one gets it
Views: 157   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 12, 2017 9:23pm
by jaywick gomrich
Best triple bill?
Here in the UK Five USA are currently showing a triple bill - fade into murder, death lends a hand and a friend in deed. Now apart from maybe swapping the first one (although Shatner's overacting and dramatic pauses work perfectly in his role) with Culp's double...
Views: 327   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 11, 2017 2:45am
by JustOneMoreThing
f
Fred
A question about Dog
Does anyone know what the last episode was that Dog was in? From that point, I'd like to figure out how old Dog is. Or was.
Views: 330   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 10, 2017 8:54pm
by combo26
a columbo riddle to baffle almost every single fan
Here it is: Which episode - which moment ? The riddle: He did go between Ho ho ho Best of luck everyone
Views: 391   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 10, 2017 11:56am
by Jaywick go rich
Cozi TV
Another local sub-channel is now airing Columbo at 7pm weekdays. Unfortunately, it's not among the current line-up in our market (yet), but I suspect it will be soon enough. Interesting how these older shows are beginning to show up all over the place, but that's bec...
Views: 193   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 8, 2017 6:31pm
by Del Monte
g
Grant
The Greenhouse Jungle
Even though it's a genuine favorite of mine, I've mentioned more than once having a big problem with one scene of it, and that's the scene where Columbo interferes a little with Cathy and Ken's romance (even if most viewers wouldn't call it a "romance," considering)....
Views: 494   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 6, 2017 5:18pm
by danneu
Episode identification: live-fence trimmed
Could someone help me: in which episode Columbo discovered the difference between two photos (or video recordings?) with live-fence being trimmed by a gardener and that helped Columbo to establish the correct sequence of events ?
Views: 256   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 5, 2017 8:07pm
by JustOneMoreThing
a
APK
Super Bowl Sunday
I wonder what Paul Hanlon would be doing today in Houston, TX. Bob Kraft or Atrhur Blank would have some definite concerns. At least he would have more time to pull off the murder than in 1972 with the long halftime performance! I also believe the LA Rockets will ha...
Views: 185   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 5, 2017 3:37pm
by APK
f
Fred
Rip Torn
I would have liked to have seen him in more episodes. I think he's a fantastic actor. However, as usual, I enjoyed seeing Uncle Leon get his at the end of the day
Views: 255   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 2, 2017 8:14pm
by Fred
d
David
Short Fuse
Did anyone else on here watch "Short Fuse" today for its 45th anniversary?
Views: 389   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 26, 2017 9:39pm
by David
l
lawow
columbo fan art
Hi there people, yep what can i say columbo is such a great series made even better by the late Peter Falk,big fan im also an artist .so i have painted a caricture of peterfalk and made some cool things like cushions and cups with columbo fan art. so if you want s...
Views: 228   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 19, 2017 1:13pm
by lawow
Dance Song in Caution: Murder Can Be Hazardous to your Health
Hello! Sorry if this is old news to you avid Columbus fans, but does anyone know the name of the song that the dancers are rehearsing to in this episode when Columbo visits the TV studio? I searched this site and the web, and did not find anything. Thanks!
Views: 702   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 18, 2017 5:24pm
by The Finder
g
Grant
"Oh, Lily, do we really have to do this?"
Nicky Frame says that as he's about to take that long bicycle ride, just before murdering Tanner. Maybe it's far-fetched, but is he talking entirely about the bike ride, or is it partly about the murder itself? After all, this episode has one of those accidental kill...
Views: 273   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 17, 2017 12:13am
by Dazs Häagen
g
Grant
"Do you find this boring?"
Columbo says that line to Ralph Dobbs after telling him about his wife's vacuum cleaner causing static on the TV and so on. Then he says that if he does find it boring, he can go ahead and answer his questions. My question is, is this the only time he admits that h...
Views: 319   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 16, 2017 11:13pm
by Dazs Häagen
f
Fred
Whuch Killer Could U Not Wait to be Arrested?
For me it had to be those two idiots in Columbo Goes to College. Arrogant imbeciles. Justin and Cooper were way too smart....so they thought and the ending was great to see them get nailed. Even so Justin tells Columbo to not count them out because his father...
Views: 335   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 14, 2017 12:45am
by David
Interesting turn....
The Hallmark Movies & Mysteries channel aired "A Friend In Deed" yesterday morning. Well, considering what broadcasters typically do to the show, they left it wholly intact. I was glad too, because this episode tops my list as the very-best of the entire series. I ju...
Views: 232   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 14, 2017 12:43am
by David
My commentary for Double Exposure.
This afternoon I recorded a commentary for one of my favourite episodes, would love to get some feedback. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ_c6QPoSx8&t=292s
Views: 331   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 12, 2017 4:43pm
by Robins Hoodie
j
James
Hulu and Columbo
Hello All, I was watching Columbo on my sister's Hulu account over the holidays and was excited that I could watch it on demand. Today I got it and could not find it. Do any of you know if Hulu took it out of their line up? I have reached out to Hulu but no respon...
Views: 308   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 10, 2017 5:01pm
by Williamson
Hallmark hallmark.
I haven't submitted myself to any sort of pay TV for many years, but I just noticed from a motel satellite feed that the Hallmark Channel runs Columbo at various times throughout the day. It was great to have lunch to Dagger Of The Mind this afternoon. Of course they...
Views: 224   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 7, 2017 3:42pm
by Mark Hall
A season for Columbo
Silly quiz time for cooks and crooks: What herb or seasoning would you pair with each Columbo villain and why? Puns allowed. Just have fun with it -- the correct answers are entirely in my mind. Dick Van **** -- goes good with alibis Ruth Gordon -- adventures in...
Views: 404   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 1, 2017 3:02am
by BB
g
Grant
Trying to find uncredited actors
This is a very general question, but apart from IMDB, is there a good place to find COLUMBO listings that include actors who aren't in the credits? Even though it tries to be thorough, plenty of things can slip through the cracks when it comes to IMDB, so I was hopin...
Views: 170   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 31, 2016 10:55pm
by fisonic
Quiz: How many future Columbo victims are in this picture?
from "Compulsion", recently added to Netflix...
Views: 351   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 28, 2016 4:24pm
by Clay Gardner
Oh no, MeTV!
I know that anyone who doesn't have the Columbo DVD collection appreciates when episodes are shown, but MeTV committed an inexcusable blunder a Sunday or so ago. Showing "Old-Fashioned Murder" without Daryl is just plain wrong. True, MeTV has time constraints and a...
Views: 254   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 26, 2016 2:52pm
by HWSN
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27